Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, just being honest, worried about the future. I've seen this with a motorcycle website that I've moderated for years which ultimately became a paid site in which the paid member could remove all of the extra crap that accumulated. The non paid members had to deal with a slow overloaded site, motivation to become paid members. I'd hate to see this site go down that road as it caused all kinds of problems and just wasn't a fun place to be anymore.

It was constructive up until the last part where you went to snide. But I'll look at the home page anyway. :wink:

It's difficult for me to gauge time, as my only internet connection on this boat is a verizon 3g card, being shared by 5 others.
I've had very few problems, but then I am using Win-7 on Firefox. The XP machines may have issues, and even tho IE is the most used - it still sucks. Chrome and FF are so much better.

I admire you fixing things while at sea.

Thanks, just being honest, worried about the future. I've seen this with a motorcycle website that I've moderated for years which ultimately became a paid site in which the paid member could remove all of the extra crap that accumulated. The non paid members had to deal with a slow overloaded site, motivation to become paid members. I'd hate to see this site go down that road as it caused all kinds of problems and just wasn't a fun place to be anymore.

Don't need that... I trimmed the homepage items.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Cool. It's the failed skimresources script that's holding it up, but beyond that I'm down to about 30 seconds.

I'm using Snow Leopard and Firefox 3.6.17

I am unable to start new threads using my laptop Windows XP IE8. It works fine on my Andriod phone, so it must be a setting in IE8. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix?
Thanks
That's a configuration we've not had problems with so far. Do you have scripting enabled?

halemanō;5892456:
Anyone else having problems with the Photo Gallery?

I am logged in, and this computer is set to "remember me" but if I click on the Photo Gallery I am not logged in and I am not recognized when I try to log in. Then I click on a forum page and I am "remembered" :idk:
That sounds like an issue with your browser cookies. After the upgrade I had to login to the Photo Gallery once but since then everytime I go there I'm "remembered". Try logging out, deleteding the Scubaboard cookies and logging into both again.

That sounds like an issue with your browser cookies. After the upgrade I had to login to the Photo Gallery once but since then everytime I go there I'm "remembered". Try logging out, deleteding the Scubaboard cookies and logging into both again.

OK, I have cleared ALL cookies from both Safari and Firefox, and both still operate the same as before I cleared ALL cookies; I can log into the Forums, but not to the Photo Gallery. I can be logged in and when I open the Photo Gallery home page I am not logged in. When I try to log in to the Photo Gallery I get this message;

Photo Gallery:
Invalid login. Please check your username and password, or register.

At the top of that message page, I can click on Forums and when that page opens I am logged in. :idk:

Could it be the macron? I have to Copy/paste my username ever since Cave Diver added the macron to halemanō. :idk:

I've not seen an edit button in Site Support in a long time. I figured it was just an "improvement" at some point.

I've not seen an edit button in Site Support in a long time. I figured it was just an "improvement" at some point.

Also, FWIW, for giggles I clicked on the Photo Gallery up top and wouldn't you know it, I was not logged in according to that page. Today it is not an impact to me but what halemano is saying seems to be the same for me (using IE8).

Back
Top Bottom