Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am unable to start new threads using my laptop Windows XP IE8. It works fine on my Andriod phone, so it must be a setting in IE8. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix?
Thanks

Anyone else having problems with the Photo Gallery?

I am logged in, and this computer is set to "remember me" but if I click on the Photo Gallery I am not logged in and I am not recognized when I try to log in. Then I click on a forum page and I am "remembered" :idk:

Also, I see no edit button, unless I come back to this post and edit it :)

1) This thread is still in the wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide format on my display ... have to scroll to right to read it. Not the same on other pages I frequent, which are proper width.

2) "Quick Navigation" function, the replacement for "Forum Jump", still opens to the first line, not to the page I am currently on.

Well, the edit button is available for me on my newest OP in the Hawaii 'Ohana, but no edit button for the "just prior" post above.

halemanō;5892510:
Well, the edit button is available for me on my newest OP in the Hawaii 'Ohana, but no edit button for the "just prior" post above.

The edit post button is supposed to be available for 24 hours. I changed and re-set it back to 24 hours, so that maybe now it "took" ??

The other setting is "Time limit (in minutes) to allow user to edit the post without the "Last edited by..." message appearing at the bottom of the edited post." - this is set to 20 minutes

Site is pretty damn slow from over here, I'm not coming as often.

Howard - FWIW, I just scrolled up to my post from earlier today and no edit showed. Yet i have seen it in other threads/forums. Not a bitch, but a debug data point. Win7, IE8.

I'll second that, no edit button displayed for me on my post above. And to be a bit more constructive, the home page takes 47 seconds to load with a script failure from skimresources. I've seen some heavy sites, but this one now takes the cake.

I'll second that, no edit button displayed for me on my post above. And to be a bit more constructive, the home page takes 47 seconds to load with a script failure from skimresources. I've seen some heavy sites, but this one now takes the cake.

It was constructive up until the last part where you went to snide. But I'll look at the home page anyway. :wink:

It's difficult for me to gauge time, as my only internet connection on this boat is a verizon 3g card, being shared by 5 others.

I do notice some slowness on the homepage. I'll admit... the widgets are totally new for us, and will become less used once we have more content on the homepage, like articles, etc.

I will trim some of the widgets, and try to make the page load faster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom