Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SB is so S-L-O-W since the "upgrade" that I rarely spend time on it anymore.
Some of us are having some problems, but not horrible issues. Would you like to discuss your OS, browser, machine and possible help...?

For those on Macs, Safari 5.0.4 has made it a lot better, I'll use it just for SB.

I'm not seeing an edit button for my previous post, but whatever. I just got stuck wasting the better part of the afternoon editing the CSS Stylesheet of Firefox 4 to get it the way I wanted, that's why I really didn't want to upgrade to Firefox 4, but it does work better with this site, no script error messages. That said it is still significantly slower than Safari 5.0.5 on this site.

I would recommend all Mac users to use the latest Safari for SB. What I did was made SB my home page in Safari and left it in the dock, when I want to come here I click it, for the rest of the internet I'll continue to use Firefox.

It's a reasonable solution for now, but I still don't think any site should be limited to only users of IE9 and Safari, that's just not good for anybody, the members or owners.

What OS & browser are you having problems with?

LOL! (I love youre sense of humor!) I'm having no problems at all with my OS or browser- why I'm not about to change them:wink:. No, it's definitely this site- and only this site- that is causing me grief since the change.:shakehead:

L No, it's definitely this site- and only this site- that is causing me grief since the change.:shakehead:

It definitely is I agree, for me it was unbelievably bad on Firefox 3. Maybe you can get by as I have done, using a different browser just for SB as it's easy to have more then one or even two different versions of the same one if needed. Ideal, no, but I'm not angry anymore:)

I run several different browsers. I just loaded the newest version of Opera -

Opera browser | Faster & safer internet | Free download

It solves several display problems, the new Opera browser keeps the loaded page centered and keeps the bottom end of the page at the bottom end of the display, so the 'end' key does not overshoot the displayed text and graphics.

Also, the newest Chrome download works better with this version of VB.

DC

I have found my way around the upgrade and find it works pretty good. About the only thing I can say is there are all those buttons that wrap things, (I am not a computer geek and don't really know what those things do) on a quick reply. But if you want to add a smile you have to go advanced. Oh well. I use Firefox instead of IE and find it works just fine, still much quicker than IE. I haven't tried Chrome though. I have no use for Safari, I have tried it for other browsing and I guess my windows experience makes Safari different and less desirable to me.

I still find it extremely frustrating that everyone is continually discussing workarounds and patches to view this site. I can only hope this is an interim issue. Really, what other sites do you visit that require you to do this? Patiently (sort of) waiting ...

I can only hope this is an interim issue.
Yes, a step towards the ultimate upgrade.​

Back
Top Bottom