LeisurePro... Any other happy customers out there? (Like me!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have ordered many things from them. All were positive. Just know that many of their electronics are Grey Market. You WILL NOT get a warranty on them here. (ie. Aqua-Lung line - Suunto).

I have purchased a few things and have been quite happy never used the return policy till lately. The most recent purchase was a Bare hooded vest I was quite nervous because I wanted it to fit properly. Even after following the sizing charts of the manufacturer it was the wrong size but I had no problems swapping it out and it came quite quickly. They even sent the prepaid return label. Lesure PRO Rocks.

II deal with my LDS too and on some things the LDS is quite competitive.

As mentioned before, it would be nice if they changed their policy about parts.

For not buying all of your stuff from the LDS, all of you are going to burn in the ever lasting fires of ........ j/k, I just placed a order with them tonight. I bought most of my stuff from ScubaToys. I have also had great service from Dive Right in Scuba.

Has anyone been in their shop in NYC? I went in there once expecting a huge sales floor with alot on display but it was pretty empty. I didn't even see any new regs. maybe I was at the wrong location?
No, that's it. Upstairs from Adorama. Not very impressive, is it? But I like to see a business scrimping on overhead. (To the extent that you can in NYC.) They will bring out anything you want to see--it comes up a dumbwaiter, I think.

I have ordered many things from them. All were positive. Just know that many of their electronics are Grey Market.

"Grey market" refers to products imported directly into the US, rather than through the manufacturer's authorized agents / distributors. It is perfectly legal to directly import & sell these products in the US; the term "grey market" was coined by manufacturer's authorized distributors who wanted to discourage consumers from buying these (less costly) goods.

With no factory authorized middle-man involved in the import of these products, costs are lower, so the price is lower to our customers. Many items which are in short supply or not imported at all by the manufacturer's authorized distributors are available in direct import.

Any of our products which are being sold as such will be clearly marked, and you are more than welcome to contact us directly should you have any concerns regarding a specific listing.

There is no difference in the actual products. Occasionally manufacturers will name them differently for example in our photographic division, the Olympus USA Digital Stylus Cameras are called Olympus MJU Cameras in Europe

You WILL NOT get a warranty on them here. (ie. Aqua-Lung line - Suunto).

You WILL get a warranty, here!! In order to offer you the extremely competitive prices that we do, we have chosen to remain an independent dealer which means that we are able to sell at much lower prices and thus pass on significant savings to you our customer - thereby saving you a lot of money.

On direct import products purchased from LeisurePro, we offer the same warranty as the USA warranted products carry the ONLY difference is that you would need to ship it to LeisurePro for warranty service.

You receive the identical product with an equally good warranty from us, a company that has proven itself for 18 years. Our customers trust us not only for great prices but also for responsiveness should they ever need to exercise their warranty.

For further assurance, you may want to check the customer feedback about LeisurePro on BBBonline.com, BizRate.com, Shopping.com, and PriceGrabber.com.

I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need additional info.

I had a very bad experience with LeisurePro. I work in NYC and went into their shop to purchase the majority of my equipment when I first started diving. I spent nearly 4K in one shot. I had everything shipped to my house on Long Island because I could not carry everything on public transportation. They sent me a few wrong items and when I called them they told me to ship them back at my cost and they would give me the correct items. I had a receipt that showed they sent the wrong items but they would not accept responsability and pay the shipping back. When I went in there to discuss it with them they were rude and made me wait for an hour while they 'looked into it'. They were just sitting there talking to each other.

I have had much better experience with Scuba Toys and only deal with them now.

I had a very bad experience with LeisurePro.......I have had much better experience with Scuba Toys and only deal with them now.

From the description of your experience, our responses to you were inappropriate and unhelpful, and there can be little doubt that we deserve the criticism we've received, and in your position, I think I'd also be reluctant to consider purchasing from Adorama in the future

As you pointed out, LeisurePro is just one of a number of excellent options for divers; I am hopeful that the new procedures that have been introduced will ensure that although we may never be deserving of your business in the future, that we don't make the same mistakes again for our new customers.

No, that's it. Upstairs from Adorama. Not very impressive, is it? But I like to see a business scrimping on overhead. (To the extent that you can in NYC.) They will bring out anything you want to see--it comes up a dumbwaiter, I think.

That question reminded me of what we used to see in the 1960's and 1970-'s. Look in the back of any old issue of a SCUBA diving magazine.

similar to this: <- click to enlarge

You'll likely see an ad for "Berry SCUBA" which was right in our hometown, Chicago. It looked like every diver's wet dream. I came to find out later that this one page fairyland of SCUBA goodies all sprang from a 20x20' back room behind an equally tiny SCUBA shop.

I've just purchased some items from LP for the first time, and I'm glad to say that as far as LP goes I'm 100% percent satisfied whith them, everything arrived on time and was OK, no issues with anything.

My only problem and warning to non US customers is to check first with your country customs, since the package was on hold in the customs for almost a week and in some items I had to pay up to 30% extra.

But hey, I understand that LP did all they were asked to and all my problems were from my country bureoucracy.

I'd surely buy again from them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom