Zip seal, wrist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimlikethefish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have 3 suits, 2 have zip seals on the wrist. Does anyone know where I can source the zip ring (suit side) so that I can glue them on to my third suit? I'd prefer not to send it to dui, I don't want to spend $500 to have a ring installed when I can do it for $12. I have thought about buying a beat up ebay suit and taking them off it. But even that is going to run me $300+.

Note: if someone has a suit with zip rings that is beyond repair and they want to cut the sleeves off and mail them I will happily pay.

Additional information:

If you are attempting this, the suit side zip seal and latex seal side of the zip seal are one in the same. You can achieve the needed result by turning one inside out. So if you can get your hands on some bad zip seals they are all the same. With some tlc you can diy for much much cheaper than paying for Dui to do it.

Next step is now finding a latex seal to glue to my zip seal as a replacement. The zip portion is 12.4 inches in circumference, most seals I have found have an 11 inch circumference. I am going to attempt an 11in one and see what the result is. Worst case I waste $20 and some glue.

A supply of torn or worn out DUI ZipSeal wrists would be a real find!

Update:

Standard 11 inch circumference conical seal will work. So I'd assume a standard bottle seal would as well.

Price breakdown:

4 used zip seals - $40
2 latex wrist seals - $15
Glue - $9
Finishing tape - $5
Time - 2 hours

(if you could find a shop or dive buddy with bad zipseals you could get that portion for free possibly and it would save you $40)

Total: $69 and 2 hours of my time to convert a suit to zip seal wrists from standard glued on seals.

Much better than what I was quoted.

Nice. Thanks for letting us know that the suit zip seal is the same as the wrist zip seal. I wonder if that could be used to upgrade my generation one wrist seals to generation two? I can’t use silicone wrist seals on my G1.

There is a local diver/operator (@BoneCrusher) who repairs broken zip seals by putting new latex seals (including bottle seals) on for a very affordable price. I’ve been doing that for a while and have been very happy.

Back
Top Bottom