Zip seal, wrist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can get two Generation 2 wrist zipseals from your local guy then you would easily be able to convert to the silicone wrist seals.

I plan on doing some experimentation on attempting to replace silicone seals without buying a complete one from Dui next. I'm just waiting for my neck seal to rip again so I can tinker with it.

Future clarification for anyone searching this subject:

The Generation 2 wrist seals are the only one's I can confirm are universal, where you can use them on the suit side or seal side. As for the Generation 1 zipseals for the wrist, I will do some testing and update this post as I go.

The local guy here (@BoneCrusher) who does the wrist seals has not been able to successfully and satisfactorily do neck seals. He says there isn’t enough material on the zip seal portion to get a good, strong bond. Just FYI: but I would love to know how you make out.

For neck seals, I use silicone. So far, I haven’t damaged one, and even if I did, you can’t glue to it anyway.

I have been successful in replacing zipseal necks with latex, I have 3 spares in my drybox. A lot of guys I dive with run the same setup. So when someone tears one I always have them. I just haven't got around to attempting the silicone seals yet. Obviously it is possible, dui can make them. So it will just take some trial and error. If I do happen to figure it out I will most definitely share the information.

Think I might have stumbled upon a solution: the pictures below are of a silicone seal made by si-tech I cut up. These are photos of the adhesive I have found that works. As you can see the adhesive is 100% bonded to the silicone seal. It even stretches with it. Now that I have finally found an adhesive that sticks, let's see if I can bond it to a suit. Updates will follow.

20180409_204548.jpg
20180409_204644.jpg

* for the inquisitive, it's not aquaseal

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom