Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't look "pull-able" on the ET.
Yes, It's very strong and there is a SS Cable inside that travels up to the pull valve. You only have to pull it an inch or less to activate it. Again, I use this in a cave, so I just barely have to tilt my head up for it to vent. I don't have to mess with my trim much at all.
There are also 2 pull strings on either side of the end of the U shaped bladder. Are they useful for releasing air as well ? I am thinking they might not be so useful as they are not in the upper most part of a diver (air being on top).
They are quite useful, and are a "pull dump" just like the one in your hose. Just tilt your butt up a bit to vent them. These are very useful if you are indeed kicking down and not getting anywhere! :shocked2: Reach back, pull but don't vent too much. Biggest mistake by new divers is constant over deflation/inflation when trying to establish that neutral buoyancy. Use small increments and you will do better.

Thanks NetDoc and Herman !

I tried it and it does work. I think will be an easy way to vent air. Great to learn a new thing.

By the way, is this remote exhaust valve only available on zeagle BC ? or is this a standard feature on all BCDs ? Strange no instructor or divemaster even mention this to me before during my scuba training.

It's pretty standard nowadays except on technical gear. I have heard it being vilified by some tech divers as being prone to failing. I have yet to see one fail in the water. After all, it's just another variation of the pull dump/OPV.

Am I right in assuming the ET Deluxe avoids "the tank riding up" issue since the strap configuration is different?

If that's the case, is a crotch strap still necessary, a good idea or just not needed altogether?

I'm inclined to order one just in case.

The way the harness works is still the same with the Deluxe Harness. The deluxe harness gives you Airloc buckles on the chest and waist straps. The harness still slides through the guides at the bottom of the plate allowing the plate to ride ride up if their are no stops on the shoulder straps to keep the shoulder straps from pulling though the guides.

I would guess that you could put a Tri Glide on both sides of the bottom guide and use the waist and chest straps to adjust the height and waist size, more like a deluxe harness on a Back Plate.

Just got a HOG D1 reg and the SPG doesn't have any type of loop on it for attachment. On my Apeks SPG, I attach a clip and put it on a d-ring on my waist. Since the HOG SPG has no clip and the Express Tech has no pockets (even the add-on pockets open horizontally), how would you guys secure the SPG on the ET?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom