Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wire tie or cave line a snapbolt to the SPG and clip it to one of the added D rings.

I now have two ocean dives on my Express Tech. It is going to be a process for me to get my weighting/buoyancy/trim correct.

I started with my usual 22# for my steel HP120 and SeaQuest Pro QD+ BC - 8# in the tank weight pockets and 14# in the front pockets. I struggled a bit to achieve decent trim. I found it hard to maintain decent neutral buoyancy and had to continually kick.

The next dive I went to 6# total on the tank and 14# in front and it was a little better.

Next dive I am going to go with 8# tank and 12# front and just keep tweaking from there.

Oh yeah, also on my next dive, I will remember to tighten the crotch strap so it actually functions. :blush:

Oh yeah, also on my next dive, I will remember to tighten the crotch strap so it actually functions. :blush:
Bingo! Yahtze! We have a winner! May I suggest that you do this before you adjust weights anymore?

Can anybody suggest how to mark / write my name on the ET ? To prevent it getting mix up or for easy identification.

Sharpie marker pen ? Stitch ? Paint ?

On a similar note, do you all mark your regulator, wetsuit, mask, fins ?

I now have two ocean dives on my Express Tech. It is going to be a process for me to get my weighting/buoyancy/trim correct.

I started with my usual 22# for my steel HP120 and SeaQuest Pro QD+ BC - 8# in the tank weight pockets and 14# in the front pockets. I struggled a bit to achieve decent trim. I found it hard to maintain decent neutral buoyancy and had to continually kick.

The next dive I went to 6# total on the tank and 14# in front and it was a little better.

Next dive I am going to go with 8# tank and 12# front and just keep tweaking from there.

What worked, along with remembering to tighten the crotch strap, was 4# on the tank valve, 6# on the tank strap and 10# in trim pockets. Remember, I am trying to make this work in San Diego. I am 215# wearing a 7mm over a 5/3mm hooded vest and usually dive from boats with a steel HP120. Shore dives I use a steel HP100.

It is working okay, but I bought this rig primarily use with warm water travel. What would work better here, no duh, is a s/s BP. I will dive this setup until February when I take it to SEAsia. When I get back, I will look into a metal BP to use with the harness and wing (I got the 35# bladder) to dive here.

What worked, along with remembering to tighten the crotch strap, was 4# on the tank valve, 6# on the tank strap and 10# in trim pockets. Remember, I am trying to make this work in San Diego. I am 215# wearing a 7mm over a 5/3mm hooded vest and usually dive from boats with a steel HP120. Shore dives I use a steel HP100.

It is working okay, but I bought this rig primarily use with warm water travel. What would work better here, no duh, is a s/s BP. I will dive this setup until February when I take it to SEAsia. When I get back, I will look into a metal BP to use with the harness and wing (I got the 35# bladder) to dive here.
Twenty pounds of lead??? You might want to think about FredT's SUPER HEAVY Back Plate.

Just PM FredT on here. He's a real cottage industry. I have owned one for about 10 years when I really needed a lot of weight.

Can anybody suggest how to mark / write my name on the ET ? To prevent it getting mix up or for easy identification.

Nail polish, a small stripe on the webbing is enough.
I have never bothered as I keep my configuration fairly unque so easy to recognise. By choice I prefer to setup and breakdown my own gear and I keep it in a string bag between dives, that stops it getting mixed up.

Paint Pen is a fine idea. You can also try,

DAN tags: DAN Tags!, Keep you and your gear SAFE!

Dog tags will work too: Personalized Dog Tag Sets

Attach either with a zip tie or 550 cord.

:santa3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom