Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use two each of the XS Scuba 5# weight Pockets. 2 Quick Attach Single Weight Pockets (I need weight on my chest to counter act heavy legs when I am in my 3 mil shorty.)
2 Quick-Release Single Weight Pockets on the waist band. When I am in my 7 mil farmer john I move the Quick Attach Pockets to the waist band giving me 20# on my waist with no weight belt. I also have 2 Ditch-able cam band weight pockets from my Ranger which allows me to carry 30 or 40# of weight if needed.
PS I moved my 44 pound wing from my ranger to the Express tech for my cold water diving.

Those are all great suggestions.
I guess I'll get the BC first and then look at the "DIY" option.

I use 2 each of the XS Scuba 5# weight pockets.

2 of the Quick-Attach Single Weight Pocket attached either to the shoulder harnesses on my chest in warm water or on the waist belt when I am in cold water.

2 of the XS Scuba Quick-Release Single Weight Pockets on the waist belt.

I hold them in place and not slide off before I buckle the waist belt with a weight keeper with a D-ring on each side.

This gives me up to 20# of weight with NO weight belt.

I would use 4 of the Quick-Release Pockets but I need to be able to easily move 2 to change my trim in warm or cold water.

I hold the 2 on the chest straps in place with a plastic weight keeper on each side.

If you can find then plastic D-rings on one of the clips on each side provide a place to clip off gear.

I'm about to purchase my Zeagle Express Tech BC. But i have some doubt on the crotch strap.

I need a crotch strap for the setup, and i found a Zeagle Split Saddle Strap on Scuba.com, I will be doing only single tank rec dive, is this the correct crotch strap?

Go to your local craft/sewing store and buy 3-4 feet of 2 inch soft webbing. add 2 sliders and voila- instant crotch strap that won't strangle anything important. Total cost for me was just over 5 bucks.

Thanks Jim Lapenta for the crotch strap solution!

I have another question. I will be buying the Standard Express Tech BC. And i found out that there is a setup on the Deluxe version that i would like to have it on my Standard BC (Please see attached picture). Is this setup just a plastic D-ring + belt slide (see attached picture)?? If yes, how should i weave it??

Thanks.

Attachments

• Buckle.jpg
    Buckle.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Plastic Belt Slide.jpg
    Plastic Belt Slide.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 210
Go to your local craft/sewing store and buy 3-4 feet of 2 inch soft webbing. add 2 sliders and voila- instant crotch strap that won't strangle anything important. Total cost for me was just over 5 bucks.

Any pictures to show how the loop was made with the slider?

Re-gearing up -- born-again diver after a couple of decades' hiatus -- and I really like what I'm seeing/reading about the Express Tech. I'm thinking that some form of it might be just the ticket for me.

Is there someplace a diver can buy the Express Tech Deluxe (say) with the 35 lb. bladder rather than the 24?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom