Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Possibly. I have not tried it. My current model has been modified to the point of not wanting to try that.

:crying: I'm in the process of getting another rig but I'm hopping to find one that can do everything from sm to bm doubles etc n so far it's down to the recon, nomad & the zeagle ET.

If anyone knows if the ET can support a bm doubles please reply.

Thanks

SangP

If i will be doing warm water diving and my rescue+DM will 24lbs be enough? I usually only dive in a t-shirt or maybe a 3mill if i get cold. I'm 6'4" 240bs and wear around 4lbs of weight.

I found this is a very handy tool for making lift estimates.

too lazy to use the calculator :) so 24lb or 35lb?

So, I have returned from a very long trip and dove Indonesia and France. Took the Express Tech with me.

Modifications:
I added the 'deluxe' bits to the BCD, including the soft back and shoulder straps. The resulting kit is VERY comfy and gives you a sense of freedom and relative diving nakedness compared to a jacket BC.
Small Intova dive light is strapped to the right shoulder pad.
I also 4 added stainless steel rings to clip accessories to.
Added the Zeagle crotch strap ($15 ish)
I bought a Zeagle pocket and added it to the belt, it stores all the safety gear. (strobe, shears, sea dye, foldable snorkel, space blanket, mirror etc...)

Travel:
Whole thing weighs about 5 or 6 pounds, and folds FLAT. This means I can have 1 suitcase with my BC, regulator, wetsuit, computer, logbook, towel, mask, basically all the diving stuff you need - all coming in at an airline-friendly under 50 pounds.

Criticism:
the only thing I can complain about is that I didn't buy the rip-cord weight system. As a result I used a weight-belt. This was irritating to use with the crotch strap as I had to remember to make sure the crotch straps were below the weight belt, or I would not be able to ditch them in a hurry.
Also, the standard belt release looks very similar to the weight belt release, potentially causing confusion for myself or my buddy in an emergency. Last thing you want happening is you or your buddy releasing your BC instead of your weight belt when you are in difficulty. This can of course be fixed if I spend the money for the ripcord weight system.

Performance:
I dove with a 3mm in Sulawesi and Bali, and a 7mm semi-dry in France. In all situations, the BC performed perfectly, and I was the envy of every dive boat. I was unencumbered and free, with superior trim and better streamlining (important in those Bunaken drift dives).

All in all, I am super-delighted with my purchase. I just wish I could dive it in Monterey.

Back
Top Bottom