Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So much love for this BC on this thread - I needed a travel BC and this was the lightest and best I could find! So i went out and bought it this morning. Can't wait to try it out!:D

I am considering this BCD too!.
There seems to be 2 different versions of this BCD available.
The "Zeagle Express Tech BCD" which sells for around $249/ and "Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe BCD" which sells for around $290.

What are the differences between the two? What extras do I get in the "Deluxe" version?
Thank.

Me too I am considering this as a travel bcd, as good as my bp/w is, I rather get something that's easy to lug about.

From the pictures which are rather vague, the deluxe comes with an adjustable harness while the regular version uses a hog harness.

Cheers,

SangP

I am considering this BCD too!.
There seems to be 2 different versions of this BCD available.
The "Zeagle Express Tech BCD" which sells for around $249/ and "Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe BCD" which sells for around $290.

What are the differences between the two? What extras do I get in the "Deluxe" version?
Thank.
Buckles, pivots and a sternum strap.

Those who really love their BP/Wings will prefer the original. Of course, I haven't tried the other one yet, so I am guessing.

OK, so I've had an express tech for a few months now and finally am leaving to do some diving. I was able to play with weighting while my daughter completed her pool dives. I have the regular Express Tech with the sholder and back pads. I dove with a 3/2 suit and a steel 72 tank. With the added gear of a small flashlight, console retractor, shears, and slate w/retractor, I was able to remove all weight in a freshwater pool at 1000psi and still sink. At 500psi, I was able to sink slooowly with no added weight and empty lungs. I was looking for guidance for weighting to start in the ocean. I will be using the same gear except for an aluminum 80 instead of the steel 72. Thanks for the help. P.S. did I mention that my daughter is getting certified?

OK, so I've had an express tech for a few months now and finally am leaving to do some diving. I was able to play with weighting while my daughter completed her pool dives. I have the regular Express Tech with the sholder and back pads. I dove with a 3/2 suit and a steel 72 tank. With the added gear of a small flashlight, console retractor, shears, and slate w/retractor, I was able to remove all weight in a freshwater pool at 1000psi and still sink. At 500psi, I was able to sink slooowly with no added weight and empty lungs. I was looking for guidance for weighting to start in the ocean. I will be using the same gear except for an aluminum 80 instead of the steel 72. Thanks for the help. P.S. did I mention that my daughter is getting certified?

To be on the safe side I'll say go heavy on your first dive n then lower the weight if necessary. Try 8-10 lbs n see how that works out for you.

Cheers,

SangP

Thanks for the info. I was thinking that, just wanted confirmation that I was not going to be way off. I'll try 8 and see. These will be shallow dives at first anyway to watch the daughters cert dives. A good chance to play with weight.

I am going on my second dive trip with this bcd in two weeks. This thime it really has the chance to proof it is a travel bcd since it will be a backpack trip in the Philippines with plenty of island hopping (in january it was a liveaboard in Egypt).
Anyway, I need to save weight and the first thing that popped into my mind was the waist belt on this bcd that needs some serious trimming. Only I am afraid to cut off too much or on the wrong side. Is there a rule of thumb on how to do that in the right way?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom