Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personal Observations, after 14 dives with the Express Tech:
1. The plastic backplate is easily bent. The flexibility makes me worry about durability.
2. The corrugated hose attachment to the bladder is not sufficiently off-centre.
3. A right-upper dump valve would be handy.
4. The upper tank band is too high, which would result in the tank sitting too high
up for short divers (this BC is a 'one size fits all').
5. Crotch strap should come as standard for the reasons mentioned by others.
6. The padding: on land with the tank, definitely improves comfort.
7. The padding retains water for quite some time, which makes the BC heavy between and after dives.

We sell one. It uses the same crotch strap as our backplates:

519-CS01 is the 1" strap....retail price $10

519-CS09 is the 2" strap....retail price $14

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, which one you think is more comfortable?

Thanks

Jose G

I currently have a one-inch crotch strap on the Express Tech, but I use a two inch on the BP/W. I think I prefer the two inch is a large loop, versus the one inch with the quick disconnect. I am strongly considering changing to the two inch on the Express Tech. Anyone want to buy a one-inch strap? :D

Personal Observations, after 14 dives with the Express Tech:
1. The plastic backplate is easily bent. The flexibility makes me worry about durability.
First of all, I love personal observations. It's great feedback to the manufacturer as well as those thinking about buying.

I do agree that the "back plate" is rather flexible. But I see that as it's biggest strength! I have a hundred + dives in mine and I see absolutely no wear except on the BC elbow for the corrugated hose. I solved that by inverting the bladder (I use this for side mounting a lot). That also solved the only other issue I had with the bladder: the hose that is way too long. That makes it dump off of my right shoulder as well. I'll be showing it to Scott at some time I am sure.

First of all, I love personal observations. It's great feedback to the manufacturer as well as those thinking about buying.

I do agree that the "back plate" is rather flexible. But I see that as it's biggest strength! I have a hundred + dives in mine and I see absolutely no wear except on the BC elbow for the corrugated hose. I solved that by inverting the bladder (I use this for side mounting a lot). That also solved the only other issue I had with the bladder: the hose that is way too long. That makes it dump off of my right shoulder as well. I'll be showing it to Scott at some time I am sure.

Interesting solution to that issue. I bought the shorter hose and also changes from the quick-dump to the standard elbow. Was an extremely easy change. I am still playing with the configuration and will probably tweak it some more in Cozumel next month.

Interesting solution to that issue. I bought the shorter hose and also changes from the quick-dump to the standard elbow. Was an extremely easy change. I am still playing with the configuration and will probably tweak it some more in Cozumel next month.
When I side mount, the elbow was the highest point by an inch or so. It seemed it was a snag magnet. Inverted, it sits on my right shoulder facing down, the hose lies against the back of my neck and then down the left strap. I moved a few of the retaining tabs around on the wing and I still need put in a tad longer stretch cord. I think I really need a second one. It doesn't take long to change the tank straps for the tank neck bungee cord, but I seem to remember at the last moment. :D

What parts would I need to shorten the hose? Where did you get the parts? I'd like to modify mine too. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom