Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also 4 added stainless steel rings to clip accessories to.

All in all, I am super-delighted with my purchase. I just wish I could dive it in Monterey.

Great information.
Where can I get the steel rings.
I hope to try it in Monterey too.

Why not Monterey? If you need a bigger wing pick up a used ranger cheap and use the 44# wing or another used Zeagle with a 35# wing. Used Zeagle bc's can be had for less than a new wing costs.

I added 4 of the XS Scuba 5# quick release weight pouches Right on the waist band held in place with a D ring on each side plus the trim weight pouches from my ranger. I can carry 30# without a real problem.

I use the 44# wing from my ranger when I'm diving with my 6.5 mil farmer john with no problems in fresh water.

OK. Perhaps I missed it in all the hoopla, but how would one go about attaching gear pockets to this beast? I've got a Sea Quest Balance and am wondering if a lower-profile BC might be better for travel . . .

Welcome to the board.
I just slide one of these over the waist band and use a small piece of bungie between the lower attachment point of the harness and the pocket to keep it from sliding around. Works nicely, can be moved or removed as needed and is fairly accessable.
Zeagle Sport Utility Pocket

Welcome to the board.
I just slide one of these over the waist band and use a small piece of bungie between the lower attachment point of the harness and the pocket to keep it from sliding around. Works nicely, can be moved or removed as needed and is fairly accessable.

Thanks -- guess that's the benefit of such a modular arrangement. The possibilities are endless. Curiosity has gotten the better of me now and I've done more looking. What is the advantage of the Zeagle, assuming I'd get it in the deluxe version version with the padding, over something like the Dive Rite Travel Pac? Also, I've never liked integrated weights, but I have gotten used to having some weight in the shoulder pockets of my Balance. I suppose one could just slip the Zeagle shoulder weight pockets over the shoulder straps of the Express. Would they go right up next to the back plate to remain on the back of my shoulders once strapped in?

Mike

Last edited:
Just got one off scubatoys.com for $225. what a steal! I look forward to it.

Of those who have the Express Tech, what would you recommend
for the weight system? I noticed there are several options and as a BC that
I will probably use mostly for travel, which would you recommend?

I guess I could just go with a belt, but I prefer not....

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom