Zeagle 911 BC Questions - Help Please? (Scott?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Konesky

New
Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently purchased a new Zeagle 911 BC from LeisurePro.com, a store I have had success with in the past. Upon arrival I noticed it was missing some components including the saddle strap, the front clips for the saddle and the whistle but this is an issue I will have to take up with the retailer.

I went on the Zeagle.com website and noticed LeisurePro was not listed as one of the Dealers, does this mean the manufacturers warranty is invalid? Or will it still apply as the item is new and I am its first owner?

While looking through the materials that came with the BC, I noticed a registration card. I went online and completed the registration however I read one of Scott’s replies on another thread mentioning the online registration was not the same as warranty registration. Should the BC have included a warranty card? How does one go about completing the warranty information?

On the registration card it mentions serial numbers but after scouring the BC I could not find a serial number. Do these Zeagle 911’s have serial numbers or not?

Now for the most important concern… Are these Zeagle 911 BC’s marked with a manufacturing date? If so, what is the significance of the date? Is it the same as a personal flotation device where it has a limited life span (10 yrs?) or is there a limitation on warranty/servicing?
I ask because while drooling over my new toy and looking for the serial number, I came across the “WARNING” label behind the lumbar pad inside the BC. Below the “CE” (standards?) logo, there was an alpha-numeric number followed by a date stamp. The date read “OCT 1996” and when I first saw this I was mortified. I began to think I had just purchased a “New” 10 year old invalid BC. I immediately checked the Zeagle website again and found the 911’s were created in 1997 suggesting it may not be the date of manufacture. I also had a look at the picture of the 911 on the website and found no differences suggesting my BC is current (or the pic on the site is old). I am hoping the date has something to do with the “CE” standard stamp, like when the product was approved or something.
My dive buddy also purchased a 911 at the same time as me in a different size so I compared his. The alpha-numeric code was the same indicating it was not the serial and the date stamp was also the same. I’m hoping because his date is the same, it is too much of a co-incidence to be the date of manufacture but I would like some reassurance. Fortunately the store has a return policy but I need to know asap before these get used (I’m leaving on a dive trip in a few days).

Any information or help is appreciated, and if anyone out there who has a 911 could go have a quick look at their label, it would certainly be appreciated. Sorry for being long winded, I just want to be as specific as possible. Thank you in advance,

-Konesky

Well...........

Without rehashing 2734 ScubaBoard posts regarding Leisure Pro (you can do a search for those by using the SEARCH button) I will simply cut and paste the info from their website:
..................................................................................................................
Warranty Policy

We are not authorized dealers of some Manufacturers, and some of the products may not be accompanied by the manufactures Warranty valid in the United States and/or with an English manual, However we provide in such instances our own Warranty, which offers equal or greater protection, For a Copy of our Warranty Card, Click here.
..................................................................................................................

Leisure Pro is a grey market dealer, and we consider items purchased from them "Used Goods".

The card that come with the BCs and Regs are "Product Registration Cards". They give you an opportunity to let us know that you have our gear. If we would ever have a need to contact you, we would use that info.

The only real "Warranty Card" that anyone would need is a sales reciept from an authorized Zeagle dealer. If you have that, you are golden - regardless of whether or not you ever filled out the "Product Registration Card".

We use the same "Product Registration Card" for BCs and Regs. The serial number spots are there for the regulators - there are currently no serial numbers on Zeagle BCs.

The tag you are looking at has to do with CE certification - it has absolutely zero to do with a manufactured date. There is no "born on" date on Zeagle BCs. (Although that would be kind of cool now that I think about it...)

What you decide to do from this point forward is up to you, Konesky.

Thanks,

Scott

ScottZeagle:
Well...........

Without rehashing 2734 ScubaBoard posts regarding Leisure Pro (you can do a search for those by using the SEARCH button) I will simply cut and paste the info from their website:
Warranty Policy

We are not authorized dealers of some Manufacturers, and some of the products may not be accompanied by the manufactures Warranty valid in the United States and/or with an English manual, However we provide in such instances our own Warranty, which offers equal or greater protection, For a Copy of our Warranty Card, Click here.

Leisure Pro is a grey market dealer, and we consider items purchased from them "Used Goods".

The card that come with the BCs and Regs are "Product Registration Cards". They give you an opportunity to let us know that you have our gear. If we would ever have a need to contact you, we would use that info.

The only real "Warranty Card" that anyone would need is a sales reciept from an authorized Zeagle dealer. If you have that, you are golden - regardless of whether or not you ever filled out the "Product Registration Card".

We use the same "Product Registration Card" for BCs and Regs. The serial number spots are there for the regulators - there are currently no serial numbers on Zeagle BCs.

The tag you are looking at has to do with CE certification - it has absolutely zero to do with a manufactured date. There is no "born on" date on Zeagle BCs. (Although that would be kind of cool now that I think about it...)

What you decide to do from this point forward is up to you, Konesky.

Thanks,

Scott

We recently purchased some of our BCD's from LP to track where they came from Scott. Our serial #'s are on the tag. They cut the tag out....
The problem is if there was a recall there would be no way of a consumer to know (or us!) if the unit is affected.
We're gonna keep on doing what we need to in order to find out how LP is getting the stuff. We are quite tired of it so have decided that examples are going to be made in public, breaking a long term industry practice of quietly taking care of it.

Best,

Chris

Scott,

Thank you for the quick reply! I'm sorry the question was a repeat, I had searched specific information on the model but failed to find the info you cited.

Basically if I understand correctly, I have a "grey market" BC which is not warranted by the manufacturer but likely not 10 years old!

I think the "Born on" date is a good idea, after all, PFD's carry it (for purpose). If your models do not change much over the years, its a good idea so someone buying new knows if its sat around in surplus for a couple years, or a second hand owner would have an idea of its age.

I checked the Zeagle website again for authorized dealers and it seems you have only one listed for Canada, and this is not even a retail store but a wholesale distributor. All of my LDS's carry Zeagle, would this mean they are all grey market items and not eligible for manufacturers warranty? Would I have to buy from the importer/wholesaler directly to be warranted? (Assuming they would allow me to buy direct).

Thanks again for the information Scott, sorry for the repetative Q's!

-Andrew

Scott,

I contacted Cross Country Parts Distributors Ltd. listed as the only authorized distributors in Canada. They said I would have to purchase the items from the LDS's as expected. Now my question is if the BC's purchased at my LDS's are considered "used goods" since I'm not buying directly from the authorized dealer.

I'm not trying to be picky, just attempting to understand how to obtain a legit manufacturers warranty and if it is worth the additional effort/cost.

Thanks again for the information, I really appreciate it!

Chris: Where were the tags with the serial numbers located before being removed?

-Andrew

Andrew,

You are mixing 2 different things here...

Cross Country is a DISTRIBUTOR for Canada. They supply all of Canada with Zeagle gear, and take care of the entire country. The same goes for Australia, Japan, Russia, Germany, and so on...we do not ship directly to every dive shop in those countries, we have a distributor that handles that.

We do not have distributors in the USA - we ARE the distributor, and ship to authorized dealers directly.

Chris - I understand what you are doing. We have done it too. However, at this point Oceanic products are still available, just like Zeagle products are.

Scott

Konesky, send the 911 back to LP and buy one either from your LDS or contact ScubaToys. Larry (at ScubaToys) can not only get your that 911 quickly, but it'll be backed with a 100% Zeagle warantee and as a ScubaBoard member, you'll get an additional 10% off ScubaToys price...or they'll match LP's price, whichever is lower.

With ScubaToys' price matching policy, there simply isn't any reason to buy Zeagle products from LP.

I think I'd return it also to LP and get one from a dealer than can provide you with what you need.

Also. I can't believe they cut the serial numbers off the tag. that's pretty cheezy. what's next? getting a file and filing them off the 1st stages of regulators?

DM,

Good advice, if I could get the BC's here in the next day I would for sure but unfortunately I'm leaving for a trip tuesday and the BC will be wet that night so I won't be able to return it!
I don't see the Zeagle 911 listed on the Scubatoys site, even if it was can Larry really match LP's price? We are talking cheap here... LP advertises $539 retail and I got 2 for $500 each.

Mike,
Well I'm happy to report the Mares regs I ordered off of LP are still intact with SN's on them haha. They also came in sealed boxes with warranty cards. I'm tempted to fill out the warranty cards but something tells me it wouldn't matter as they are not sold through an authorized dealer (at least I don't think LP is an authorized Mares dealer).

Konesky:
DM,

Mike,
Well I'm happy to report the Mares regs I ordered off of LP are still intact with SN's on them haha. They also came in sealed boxes with warranty cards. I'm tempted to fill out the warranty cards but something tells me it wouldn't matter as they are not sold through an authorized dealer (at least I don't think LP is an authorized Mares dealer).

I believe they actually are an authorized Mares Dealer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom