What Happened to Zeagle!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcpalmer1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have not kept up to date with the scuba industry the last few years. I was getting my gear ready to go on a dive trip so luckly I tested my gear. On one of my Zeagle Express tec bc I noticed bubbles around the bladder where the low pressure hose screws in. I went to check to see if it was tight and the whole thing fell off. I bought 4 so I went and got another one off the rack. The same thing happened. Upon inspection the same thing happened to all 4. I have other Zeagle bc that are older along with some other brands. They have all been stored together on the same rack. The only ones with any issues were all bought on the same day and the serial numbers are close to each other. The only reason I can think of that only these 4 bc had the same problem is a factory defect. It should not be a problem since they have a lifetime warranty. I have called but no one's was available to talk. I left a message. Then I logged into here and Zeagle is not listed under manufacturers. Zeagle was a great company back when I was teaching scuba. I had recommended there gear to hundreds of people. Why are they one of the only brands not list here? Did something happen to the

they got bought by huish and the cheaper bcds are no longer made in the USA (the ranger still is afaik).

I had a plastic buckle break on my Ranger and my LDS changed it out right on the counter in front of me and I didn't even buy it from them. Otherwise, my Ranger has been solid.

FWIW, I have had good luck with Huish and their support. I am local so I am able to go out to the headquarters - things still go through the normal RMA process just no shipping. I would suspect you will hear back soon and get a solution.

I had a plastic buckle break on my Ranger and my LDS changed it out right on the counter in front of me and I didn't even buy it from them. Otherwise, my Ranger has been solid.
I had a plastic buckle break on one of mine also. I replaced all four with stainless steel ones. I never even considered warranting them. At over $1300 to replace bladders I hope they do the right thing. The shop o bought them from has gone out of business. These were for my kid or friends so they were not used much. Some may have less than 5 dives on them. The ones with the most maybe 10. They all look almost new.
20210802_145426.jpg

Huish bought them. Not sure about BC's but has created a problem getting parts for older regs.

I probably should have done the same with my buckles.

I have had a good experience with Huish service for Oceanic products. Two new Pro Plus 2 computers for $175 each, These replaced very old (14-15 yrs) computers with pressure sensor dysfunction. I had an 8 year old broken PPS transmitter replaced with a new one for $120. Service - Oceanic Worldwide

No idea what Zeagle service would look like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom