What Happened to Zeagle!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I contacted their customer service several months ago about a BCD reconfiguration question, and got a response almost immediately.

Wow

so Huish owns Zeagle, atomic, Stahlsac, bare, suunto, hollis.

That's a lot of market share there.

Are they a bad company, as in buy brand, consolidate OEM manufacturing, and charge you different price range for the same thing, bad?

Huish bought them. Not sure about BC's but has created a problem getting parts for older regs.
Define older regs. If you are talking about when the Zeagle regs were rebadged Apeks, then you are partially right. Zeagle dealers can’t get those parts anymore, but that was way before Huish bought Zeagle.

As for regulators after the split from Apeks, there should really be no issue as the service kits are the same. I’ve got a DS-IV/DS-V (early DS-V that has the DS-IV label), and have no issues getting any parts I’ve needed.

I contacted Zeagle before buying my Backplate combo pack of a couple weeks ago and had a response in about an hour. They've always been great to me.

I contacted Zeagle before buying my Backplate combo pack of a couple weeks ago and had a response in about an hour. They've always been great to me.
I contacted them before lunch yesterday, I still haven't gotten a response.

That is the same phone number I called yesterday. I sent them a Facebook message this morning. I will try giving them another call today and see if I can get a hold of somebody.

Zegles were originally built in Zephyrhills Florida. I don't live that far away and could had drove to their headquarters before they were bought out.

Back
Top Bottom