Your tank of choice for doubles ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a big fan of double HP100s (basically equivalent to 12L tanks). They trim out well and are easily managed. I own 3 sets of them and do my own fills so I know I'm always getting a good fill however most shops in New England have no trouble doing good high pressure fills.

I'm fairly short person 5'6" so HP100s work well for me down to 200ft with plenty of gas reserves.

I've owned sets of double LP95s, HP119s and I broke them all down to singles. If I were to buy again or find tanks at the right price, I'd probably pick up a set of LP85s.

Having said that, all my deep diving is now done on a rebreather. I keep one set of doubles on retainer if I need to dive open circuit and the other 2 sets are functioning as cascade banks for O2 and diluent :)

Thanks guys. Is there anyone who dives cold water/drysuit with AL-80s?

Haven't seen one in my area either. I am sure you can make it work by sticking a 10lb or so v-eight in the channel. Overall more dry weight although similar buoyancy. More mass, less maneuverable

Haven't seen one in my area either. I am sure you can make it work by sticking a 10lb or so v-eight in the channel. Overall more dry weight although similar buoyancy. More mass, less maneuverable

Is that a blown or a turbo v-eight, I wonder which works best at depth. :D I keed... I keed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom