Your tank of choice for doubles ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So when you guys are diving doubles what is your tank of choice and why? :coffee:

Lp45s for river and recreational
Lp72s for 150ish with a wetsuit
Lp85s for 150ish with a drysuit
Lp104s for deeper

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

LP 85s for cold water recreational and T1 technical diving. Al80s for warm water recreational or T1 technical, or cave diving.

Why? 85s have plenty of gas for me for anything I'm willing to do (hate long deco in cold water). They balance extremely well, and they are small enough that they don't outweigh me.

Al80's are great warm water tanks, because they aren't horribly negative. They have enough gas in them for the long, shallow dives I do in Mexican caves. I have figured out how to weight and balance them.

19541113236_47f7f46f48_z.jpg

I used to dive double 120s in my younger, dumber days. These days I prefer LP80s and just make shorter dives.

Al80's in Mexican caves are a lot of fun. Hang a little weight off your bottom bolt to trim them out a bit better when they're low on gas.

Similar to max, years ago hp120's......now hp100's and Al80's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when you guys are diving doubles what is your tank of choice and why? :coffee:
Oh, wow, a great question...
Time was, LP 104's, but they're too damn heavy now. (I have some for sale, if ye want 'em)
My favorites these days are LP 85's.
Rick

HP133s drysuit and LP95s in my Wetsuit

Aluminum 80's for most doubles diving for me.
Why? Because they are readily available, they aren't too heavy for shore diving, and they trim out well for wetsuit diving during the summer.
In the winter, when diving dry, I use a v-weight with them.

I had a set of LP 95's set up for doubles, but they are short, and a bit head-heavy. I recently broke them down and use them for sidemount tanks.

For any longer dives, I have a Meg. So I don't have a need for bigger doubles such as the 130's. I imagine double 130's are a beast for hauling around.

If I were to purchase anymore tanks for doubles diving, I would probably choose LP85's and break down all of my aluminum doubles for sidemount.

Back
Top Bottom