YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
EDIT- Just realised Hoosier's post is from much earlier this year.
Yeah, but I revived it last week to get it back on track regarding experiences with LP's tech service, which seems to be a factor as to whether or not to buy from them.

Really succeeded keeping it on track, huh? :rolleyes:

--Marek

Hehe, you tried.
Anything involving LP seems to get posters frothing at the mouth with opinions and insightful or not so insightful analysis.
Lol and I do fall in that category :D.

As I recall the original thread was asking for actual Leisure Pro experiences. I live in the PNW and have purchased from them many times with only one bad experience.

About a year ago I bought two Oceanic Pro Plus 2 computers from them. Before I purchased I inquired if they would take care of any warranty issues. They replied that their warranty was “as good as” the manufactures because they would simply replace the computer if it failed. Sure enough one of the computers did fail shortly their after. I received a RA number from Leisure Pro and assurances that they would have my computer “repaired” and back to me in several weeks.

Over the next 5 or 6 weeks the story at Leisure Pro changed several times from “they hadn’t received my computer” to “they hadn’t been able to contact their repair person”, or they didn’t have one in stock to send me. The stock room person seemed completely indifferent to the fact that I use my personal gear to support Dive Rescue Operations at the local Fire Department.

Finally tiring of getting the run around I talked to “Charlie” the sales guy that I bought the computer from. From that point on things improved immensely. Charlie verified that they did indeed have the computer and he would have a new one in the mail the same day. Charlie followed through and several days I had a brand new Oceanic which I haven’t had any issues with since.

I still buy from LP from time to time. Most of my smaller items I buy from my local dive shop, but items that I can save hundreds of dollars on, I go shopping.

Hope this helps.

I have bought a watch and a number of trinkets from LP. On the watch purchase, I placed my order and waited a couple of days but never received notice that the order had been shipped. I e-mailed customer service and found out the particular watch I had ordered was on back-order. I indicated that there was another that I would like just as well if they wanted to change the order. They did, and sent the watch out express delivery. I received it in two days without asking for or paying for the more expensive delivery.

Although the prices can seem very attractive, I would be leery of buying SCUBA life support equipment from anybody other than authorized dealer. You can find authorized online dealers for certain brands which allow online sales. Scuba.com & scubatoys.com are a couple of examples of reputable authorized online dealers (I've had good experiences with both). If you enquire ahead of time, they will often match or beat a LiesurePro price. So, you get the best of both worlds ... best price ...security of an buying from any authorized dealer.

I bought several items from Leisure Pro in August to include a BCD. I ordered a large and received an extra large. I used once on a two-tank dive, trying to make it work, but it was just too big.

I called LP and spoke with Sam (the salesman I purchased through). LP gave me an exchange for a new large BCD.

Bill

riguerin:
Although the prices can seem very attractive, I would be leery of buying SCUBA life support equipment from anybody other than authorized dealer.

I don't see this as an issue. A Zeagle is a Zeagle and an Oceanic is an Oceanic whether or not the dealer is an authorized dealer. If the equipment fails from some internet gray market dealer it would have failed if you bought it from the original "Authorized Dealer" as well. It is the same equipment.

The real issue is service.

My Experience was that LP was very responsive and open about what they are and what they can offer. I purchased 2 oceanic ATOM 1 PDC's from them and they arrived with dead batteries. After contacting LP they offered to either replace the DC's or send me batteries. I later found out that the Atoms were older versions prone to flooding and that for a fee, Oceanic would upgrade them. I opted to return them and go else where and buy the latest version. They refunded my money without issue and even paid the return shipping charges.

Since then I have purchased an Oceanic VT Pro and they were great again and will service to DC for me if I wish.

I bought my Regs from JoeDiversAmerica and had nothing but great service although they do not have a phone number they arte very responsive to emails. I went through some exchange issues on a BC and they were great.

We have experienced that many times from prior LP shoppers. You say an oceanic is an oceanic, but obviously in your case - not. Authorized dealers got notification that there was a problem with a certain serial number batch, and they got replaced. Any dealer selling gray market just dumps them out into the market, and waits for the customer to complain if there is a problem so they can try to find some replacements on the gray market in the mean time... and when the price would have been virtually the same.... why bother?

scubatoys:
We have experienced that many times from prior LP shoppers. You say an oceanic is an oceanic, but obviously in your case - not. Authorized dealers got notification that there was a problem with a certain serial number batch, and they got replaced. Any dealer selling gray market just dumps them out into the market, and waits for the customer to complain if there is a problem so they can try to find some replacements on the gray market in the mean time... and when the price would have been virtually the same.... why bother?

Ha, Thats why I bought the ATOM from you. :05:

I was just saying that there isn't a safety issue if the equipment is identical but in cases such as this, there was a definate difference.

Just for the record, I have sent a few people your way and strayed them from LP on computer purchases.

LavaSurfer:
Ha, Thats why I bought the ATOM from you. :05:

I was just saying that there isn't a safety issue if the equipment is identical but in cases such as this, there was a definate difference.

Just for the record, I have sent a few people your way and strayed them from LP on computer purchases.

Well Thanks! And Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom