YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K:
Brilliant! There's a cut-away diagram of a Sherwood 1st stage here: http://www.oxygen.top.pl/diving/menu.php?id=autom_sher (yes, it's in Polish!), and it does show a relatively large o-ring at the end of the piston away from the inlet. Unless I'm totally mis-reading the diagram.

Would the small white nylon seat they replaced be the HP seat shown in the diagram, at the other end of the piston?

--Marek
Yes that is an unbalanced piston like a Scubapro Mk2. The Mk2 uses a 1 1/16 inch o-ring on the piston head. The small nylon seat is the HP seat. I believe you have the parts acounted for. I always carry a spare computer battery when I travel (and a spare computer). Most are supposed to give you a 24 hr warning.

Thanks for the diagram

awap:
Yes that is an unbalanced piston like a Scubapro Mk2. The Mk2 uses a 1 1/16 inch o-ring on the piston head. The small nylon seat is the HP seat. I believe you have the parts acounted for.
Always good to have parts accounted for.
04.gif
I assume a balanced piston like my Magnum would have the same piston o-ring?

Now what could that strange washer-like thing be, with the six flanges?
awap:
I always carry a spare computer battery when I travel
Yeah, I figured that out already. Ordered a bunch of $2.50 CR-2450 batteries. They're in my save-a-dive kit already.

--Marek

I ordered an set of Genesis Aquaflex fins and an Oceanmaster Titanuim knife no problem.

But as probably said earlier since the thread is to long, they are not factory authorized for sale of most items. If you need something under maintanence and /or warranty if they cover it it must be shipped. This could take time and maybe money.

There are online companies that provide factory warranties and if under warranty your LDS is obligated to do the work if authorized. Don't expect them to be happy. There are certain thing that you should buy from the LDS but if they won't deal go elsewhere with a warranty for life support items.

Marek K:
Always good to have parts accounted for.
04.gif
I assume a balanced piston like my Magnum would have the same piston o-ring?

Now what could that strange washer-like thing be, with the six flanges?

Yeah, I figured that out already. Ordered a bunch of $2.50 CR-2450 batteries. They're in my save-a-dive kit already.

--Marek

Yes, balanced piston has similiar o-ring on the piston head that seals the LP chamber from the ambient chamber. The BP then gets a bit more complex on the HP side of things in exchange for a steady intermediate pressure and somewhat better performance, especially if you need lots of gas.

The star washer held the filter in place. You should be able to see it if you look into the HP inlet.

What kind of computer do you have? A bunch may be overkill but better safe than trying to find that battery at the Island Grocery.

m3830431:
There are online companies that provide factory warranties and if under warranty your LDS is obligated to do the work if authorized. Don't expect them to be happy.

I don't think I would count on that "obligation" card.

awap:
What kind of computer do you have? A bunch may be overkill but better safe than trying to find that battery at the Island Grocery.
It's a basic entry-level air-only Oceanic Veo 100.

I just got an Aeris 1 for my recently-qualified son, and that uses the same battery.

Being way over here, I did have to mail-order these batteries; and shipping made more sense if I ordered a bunch. And finding them at a Red Sea resort might be a problem, indeed.

--Marek

Marek K:
Well, I just received the rig back. Actually looks very well-done [....] They charged me $39.95 for the service, plus $12.50 for "scuba repair parts." Hmmm... Parts for the Sherwood 1st and 2nd stages should have been free -- that's what the Sherwood warranty covers. Parts for the Oceanic octo shouldn't have been free [...] I've e-mailed LP to ask about the extra charge.
OK, update... Not surprisingly, I didn't get a direct answer from the LP sales rep to my e-mail from yesterday. But I did just get an automated e-mail from LP Customer Service, notifying me that my credit card has been credited back the $12.50.

So, bottom line... $39.95 for reg and octo service. After a slight glitch, parts were covered under the terms of the Sherwood warranty. All old parts back in a baggie. I had to pay for shipping to there, but shipping back to me was covered by LP.

Not too bad.

Your mileage may vary.

--Marek

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but it's worth doing.

As you may or may not recall, Hoosier's original post asked what people's actual experiences were with LP's technical service. I was disappointed that there weren't that many folks who had specific experiences.

My experience was that I had bought a regulator rig from them -- first stage (Sherwood Magnum), primary second stage (ditto), and octopus (Oceanic SlimLine). Last spring, I sent the rig in to LP for its first $39.95 annual service. I received the rig back reasonably fast, with all the old parts nicely in a baggie. LP erroneously charged me for parts -- which they shouldn't have, to match the Sherwood warranty -- but they promptly credited my card back after an e-mail from me pointing out the oversight. So far so good.

Update: Two months after that, the first time I had the opportunity to hook the reg up to a tank (I don't have my own tanks), I noticed a definite hissing sound from the octopus. No big deal; I took it in to a local technician (who was servicing another old Sherwood for me), and he adjusted it for free...

Last month, the primary second stage started doing the same thing... six months after the LP service.

Apparently the LP tech didn't let the second stages sit for a while before re-adjusting them, and the valve seats took a set. Yes?

Bottom line: I do like LP, and I will continue buying from them (when Larry doesn't have an item I want, or can't come close to the LP price!
03.gif
)

But service? I don't doubt LP has a qualified service tech working for them, but I think I'll go elsewhere for service from now on.

And as long as I'm living in Poland now, I can get great old-world quality technical service done for even less than the equivalent of $39.95... and no lectures that I didn't buy the equipment from them!

--Marek

Thanks for the update Marek. I wondered about the service LP gives...now I have something to base it on.

I have bought several bits of gear from Leasure Pro and the only problem i have had is that once, on vacation, I needed something replaced that I broke (not originaly from them) and wanted to order. The would not ship to my hotel. Neither would any other online outfit, so its not really a problem with them.

I ended up buying from a LDS and paid much more....

All the orders that I have gotten from them were fine. The prices were good and arived quickly. One time something was wrong on an order, and they shipped the correct item immedeatly, before I returned the wrong item.

I haven't sent them a repair or rebuild, my LDS is happy to service their stuff, and is faster and cheaper than they are (36 buck to service a reg and octo).

Back
Top Bottom