YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riguerin:
But you have still not said anything to change my mind about buying life support equipment (i.e. regulator) from an unathorized dealer when I can get the same product and price from an authorized one ... with the full backing of the manufacturer's warranty and service network. Anything else seems like a very poor risk versus reward trade off.

Could you point out these authorized dealers who will price-match LP and deliver Scubapro, Suunto, and Atomic gear to our front doors, please? Thanks; much interested.

lairdb:
Could you point out these authorized dealers who will price-match LP and deliver Scubapro, Suunto, and Atomic gear to our front doors, please? Thanks; much interested.

Hmmm ... this sounds like a cleverly disguised trick question :05: I am by no means an industry expert, but I'm pretty sure that those companies you mentioned (and others like Aqualung/Apex) do not allow online sales of their products. They also have fairly rigid pricing policies that they enforce upon their dealers. So the dealers of these products do not have the same freedom as on other brands. While price is not the only consideration for buying one of these products, your LDS may be able to offer pricing below MSRP.

BTW, Since you brough this up, here's an exerpt from Atomics website:

Atomic Aquatics Dealers
To Find the USA Dealer Nearest you make your selection and press the Find Dealers button.

In the USA, Atomic Aquatics products are sold only by professional Dive Retailers at their retail store locations. Atomic Aquatics does not allow the sale of, nor does it warrant any products purchased via mail order or internet. Atomic Aquatics authorized dealers may advertise or promote Atomic Aquatics through mail or internet, but only with regards to in-store purchases at their retail locations. Be advised that anyone offering Atomic Aquatics products for sale via mail order or internet is not an authorized dealer and is not authorized to sell, repair or adjust Atomic Aquatics products.

From the SCUBAPro site:

SCUBAPRO UWATEC offers a FREE Preferred Parts for Life Program to all regulator owners (only offered through the purchase at an authorized dealer) which provides replacement parts for your SCUBAPRO Regulator, at no charge. We provide this service to help insure that your equipment is maintained to SCUBAPRO UWATEC's high standards. Since this equipment provides life support while under water, any sub-standard maintenance could be dangerous. Only the dealers in our network are authorized to perform this service and offer this program.

If you purchase your equipment outside our authorized dealer network, you will not be eligible to participate in this program.
Neither SCUBAPRO UWATEC nor our authorized dealers will be responsible to repair your regulator under our Preferred Parts for Life Program. You will also not be contacted regarding post-sale notices regarding as upgrades or warranty information.​

Aqualung/Apex:

Unauthorized retailers offering Aqua Lung Scuba products acquire those products through unknown sources. Products purchased through unauthorized retailers are considered third party sales and are not eligible for Aqua Lung warranty protection, service, or support.

Aqua Lung cannot guarantee in any way the condition of the product you receive through these unauthorized retailers or guarantee:
• The product is in fact an Aqua Lung product
• The product contains all original and current Aqua Lung factory parts.
• The product meets all original Aqua Lung factory specifications.

Here's one from DiveRite ... they specificaly mention LP:

Warning: Unauthorized Dealers May Cost You Money

Unfortunately, not every business that advertises itself as selling Dive Rite products is a legitimate Dive Rite dealer. Why is this important? If you purchase what you think are Dive Rite products from other than authorized dealers, there is no way we can guarantee:

• That the items you are spending your good money on have not been previously used…

• That something other than Dive Rite parts have been substituted for the original…

• That important serial number information has not been removed from the product in an effort to prevent us from tracking unauthorized product distribution…

• That what you are getting is evenly remotely a Dive Rite product! ("Bait and switch" is a common tactic among shady retailers.)

It's important you understand that, for these reasons, Dive Rite cannot provide warranty coverage for items purchased from other than authorized dealers. To help you avoid such purchases, we maintain a list of businesses we are aware of that are not authorized Dive Rite dealers, even though they may advertise our products.

YOU MEAN THESE FOLKS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED DEALERS? Recently, Leisure Pro, a large, New York-based mail-order business, published a catalog and website featuring the very same product images as you can find in Dive Rite's catalog and here on our website. Does this mean Leisure Pro is an authorized Dive Rite dealer? Guess again…

Not only is Leisure Pro NOT an authorized Dive Rite dealer, it used Dive Rite's copyrighted product images without our knowledge or permission.

Obviously, Leisure Pro is not an authorized Dive Rite dealer. Any products you purchase from them are not eligible for Dive Rite warranty protection.

OK, that's enough for tonight .... stepping down from my soapbox. I gotta get up early in the morning to go diving :jump3:

Interestingly, Dive Rite does not have any beef with their dealers selling Dive Rite gear on line - including regulators and other "life support equipment". They'll even sell their regulator rebuild kits on-line. That kind of puts a dent in the reasoning that life support equipment shouldn't be sold on line for safety reasons, IMO. See below.

www.diveriteexpress.com is one example

www.scubatoys.com is another

So, while LP is not an authorized DR dealer, this has nothing to do with whether Dive Rite's equipment is available for sale via the internet.

This leaves me wondering about Scubapro, Aqualung / Apeks, etc. mentoned above - either Dive Rite's lawyers are missing something (unlikely) or Scubapro, Aqualung / Apeks, etc. sales philosophy is missing something.

riguerin:
Relax, that's not what's been said here. Questioning the source of grey market products is not the same as acussing someone of criminal activity.

That's your right. But you have still not said anything to change my mind about buying life support equipment (i.e. regulator) from an unathorized dealer when I can get the same product and price from an authorized one ... with the full backing of the manufacturer's warranty and service network. Anything else seems like a very poor risk versus reward trade off.

Zeagle Flathead VI/ZX. Lifetime warranty with free parts. I made sure that I purchased from an authorized dealer because of this warning on the Zeagle site:

CONSUMER ALERT -We have encountered a number of consumer complaints recently about sales made through internet auction sites and mail order outlets who ARE NOT authorized Zeagle dealers. These have included selling incomplete products, providing poor service, and in some cases selling items represented as being Zeagle products which in fact were not genuine. PLEASE BE SURE YOU ARE PURCHASING FROM AN AUTHORIZED ZEAGLE DEALER!

http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&id=11&submenu=support&pos=3000,3000,8633

Good for you but you are off a lot. I'm not trying to convince you to buy something where you're not comfortable with. I simply don't care where you get your gear. It's entirely your business. I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy from LP but again, I only dislike unsubstantiated bashing and statements that have no basis and were only meant to damage the reputation of a business. I'll ask you again to provide us with proof for your statements that LP sells counterfeit gear or stop spreading lies. :wink:
You're a funny guy, first you imply that the biggest internet scuba gear retailer sells counterfeit gear which is illegal and now you ask someone who called you on that to relax? While you have all the right of the world to question the source of their gear, you do not have the right to imply criminal activity without proof of that. I'm not a lawyer but knowing how litigous your society is, I'd think someone would be completely within thier right to sue you for slander, which I would do in a heart beat if you'd be trying to pull similar crap with my business. :wink:
Please explain what did you mean by saying the following if not as someone saying that they know LP is selling fakes?:
Even if I could be convinced that the equipment is authentic and of first quality

Al Mialkovsky:
I don't know why, this thread just makes me giggle :)
Maybe because you're involved in a LDS which uses it monopoly position in the county to do whatever they wish with costumers and are generally happy to see LP being bashed? :D

Wow! To paraphrase Will Shakespeare, "Methinks the diverse doth protest too much!"

I think you all need to take some chill pills.

Back to the original topic.

My experiance has been good (no counterfet items) with them when all goes as planned. When there has been a problem with an order or one of the items purchased that is when i have found them to be not helpful and at times rude.

They are currently my third to fourth buying option after my LDS (50 miles away), and DiversDirect. I have been tryng to give Scuba Toys a try because of their great support of SB but have yet to find exactly what I have looking for with them. Diversdirect overall has been very good. Good balance of low prices and friendly, good customer service.

My .02.

Good Diving,

Dave

aquaoren:
Maybe because you're involved in a LDS which uses it monopoly position in the county to do whatever they wish with costumers and are generally happy to see LP being bashed? :D
You know what makes me smile more than this thread? It's when LP customers come into the shop I instruct for and ask if we mind sending their LP products back to them so they can do business with us.

We aren't even close to LP's prices but of course LP can't match a good dive shops service. Not even close :)

Yep we're the only dive shop in the county but there is a reason for it. The other 8 shops must have done something wrong wouldn't you say? I know a couple tried to compete with prices. Yeah that's brilliant. Sell non grey market items for grey market prices. That will keep your doors open.:07:

LP and those like them will stay in business because there are still plenty of people who can't determine what the real bottom line is :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom