You just never know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NEWrecks - I was SERIOUS!!! I really appreciated your infomative post! If I came off as sarcastic, I truly appologize!

In other threads (not recently), I myself have felt quite patronized, and it felt lousy. It was great to get your description of what this trip would require.

Lydia and I live in Hamden, and frequent an LDS in Wallingford. Having just completed "WreckMania" with Walter in Florida, it would be great to get to some cold-water wrecks. Provided they're reasonably accessible. :thumb:

Happy Diving!

Scuba-sass :)

Scuba-Sass:

No offense taken or intended. Just wanted to make sure.

I use a boat captain that will go out with as few as three divers. I know another boat nearby that will take a few more. Finally, I'm diving a new boat tomorrow that should be able to handle 6 - 8.

I would be interested in setting something up. PM me if you're interested.

Is the Wallingford shop where Porter's Thunderfish is based?

.............almost has me thinking about moving to New England!! It sounds like some great diving,great wrecks, and fun and knowledgable divers!!

sounds like the Lobsta Divahs is off to a great start!!

I'm envious!!!

I don't know, Tavi.

I don't know Rochester that well. I've been in the HSBC office tower in Buffalo, however. Looking out at that water made me wish that I was closer to the water. I am seriously interested in some lake diving.

Regardless, bring your gear if you're ever coming out. We boat dive 11 months per year (all of the dive boats are out of the water in January).

Thanks I feel better now:)

I live about 7 miles from Lake Ontario. we've done a couple of shore dives, but mostly there isn't anything to see but fish, zebra mussells and IRF's (interesting rock formations). It takes a long ways to get to any depth. from shore we've only gotten to 19ft before having to turn the dive. But hey, we get to dive and it's practice :)
There is one wreck not to far from here (the St Peter off of Pultneyville NY), but it is beyond our level of training for a little while longer (cold,dark.and deep). I will get there when I have the training!
I have more dives in Lake Erie than I do Ontario. Erie is about 70 miles away.
There are some wrecks we are looking forward to diving both in Lake Erie and in the St Lawrence Seaway.

It's amazing that there is so much water near Rochester and nothing to see!! (maybe when my son gets his boat in the water we can get out deeper and see whats there)

I thought it souded great that you people were meeting and planning dives together. especially the wrecks.

Tavi once bubbled...
It's amazing that there is so much water near Rochester and nothing to see!! (maybe when my son gets his boat in the water we can get out deeper and see whats there)

I'm sure there is plenty out there!

Just a quick search turned up St. Peter upright and intact in 117 fsw.

Ask around at your local dive shops for shore dive and boat dive possibilities... and if you find something cool, I'm _sure_ you'd be able to convince some of us to make a road trip! With the wrecks of the thousand islands not too far from you, I'm sure you've got plenty of opportunities!

raxafarian once bubbled...
is cape ann #3, so not good for a charter. I'm avail. sunday for a charter. Avail labor day weekend except for sunday (shellbird, myself, and whoever are diving ft. wetherill) after that, I'll have to double-check my work schedule on monday.

Lets see. Next sunday is free [the day after cape ann #3]. Labor day weekend is completely out for me. The weekend of the 7th is free... we already know the weekend of the 15th isn't good for Dan [nor myself... MWDC club picnic on saturday, Isle of Shoals #1 on sunday].

raxafarian once bubbled...
good for me... how about you, Dan? I'll call Jim to check availabilty.

My apologies, I have a prior engagement saturday night, so an early AM charter wouldn't be a good idea. I've not checked into availability, but the Cape Ann Charters schedule shows the Poling and the Nina T for the 1pm charter on that sunday?

Back
Top Bottom