Yoke socket DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was talking about his opinion on using a digital luggage scale in lieu of a torque wrench. Sorry I wasn't clear but that is what I was talking about previously. I would venture to guess that many of the shop serviced regs have never been anywhere near a torque wrench.

Forget the torque wrench, I just pull on it till my arm says "click"
That's the advantage of being a professional mechanic😉😆😆😆😆

A common sense DIY with some basic research can do a better job then even a professional, even without all the special tools,

Difference between a professional and decent DIY????
The professional knows what he can get away with...

I would venture to guess that many of the shop serviced regs have never been anywhere near a torque wrench.
That's probable, I won't dispute that. All I know that I use proper torque wrench when specified by the mfg. I actually have few of them with different scales for different applications.

"I go by the book, nothing other the book. The book is good."

I was talking about his opinion on using a digital luggage scale in lieu of a torque wrench

He may have suggested using the scale for as a bandaid for people that people that have no immediate access to a real one and need one for best guesstimate in a one time application.

On God's green earth, how can you not be able to afford one for around $100??

He may have suggested using the scale for as a bandaid for people that people that have no immediate access to a real one and need one for best guesstimate in a one time application.

Instead of guessing what he meant do a simple search and get it from the horse's mouth. I have 4 torque wrenches, one for scuba gear, two quality ones for auto mechanics and a lower cost loaner, I learned at an early age not to loan your best tools to others and have a loaner for most common tools both power and hand.

Real culprit here is poor design engineering.
I really don't think it's a "poor" desing, instead a clever design to keep people away from messing with their product. just like Apple.
with their special design, so they can sell you a $100 Universal Tool IMO it's a rip off compares to a Leatherman or Swiss Army.

In Thailand average month income for a Boat captain is around $400, boat boy is $200 or even less.
I don't think they'll pay $100 for a good torque wrench because few nuts on the boat needs to be torqued at a specific range.
I'm sure we all love good things. but some time we have to work with what we have.

In Thailand average month income for a Boat captain is around $400, boat boy is $200 or even less.
I don't think they'll pay $100 for a good torque wrench because few nuts on the boat needs to be torqued at a specific range.
I'm sure we all love good things. but some time we have to work with what we have.

Please don't give me the sob story about how little the average salaries are where you are, I am in Libya and the average national salary is less than $200 per month. Second, in my posts above, I specifically mentioned the affluent folks in the WEST which is western Europe and North America.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom