Yoke socket DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a DIY Forum

You mean we can't discuss the validity, safety, merits and cost effectiveness of DIY projects? Everything goes without common sense applied?

You mean we can't discuss the validity, safety, merits and cost effectiveness of DIY projects? Everything goes without common sense applied?
Cost effectiveness is not really relevant to DIY and the other things you mention are really not about safety.

You mean we can't discuss the validity, safety, merits
The tool he made is a valid solution and completely safe.
Not sure what you mean by merits.

and cost effectiveness of DIY projects?
It was extremely cost effective! Essentially, he made a $10 profit on one hour of entertainment! Most people end up negative on entertainment.

Everything goes without common sense applied?
What common sense? You want him to pay $10 more to forgo an hour of entertainment (and wait a week for shipping, delaying other entertainment)?

The tool he made is a valid solution and completely safe.
Not sure what you mean by merits.

It was extremely cost effective! Essentially, he made a $10 profit on one hour of entertainment! Most people end up negative on entertainment.

What common sense? You want him to pay $10 more to forgo an hour of entertainment (and wait a week for shipping, delaying other entertainment)?
You forgot about the possible thousands of dollar in therapy that having a satisfying hobby can avoid. :)

Between the cost of the regulator maintenance seminar, the cost of the tools I bought, the parts I bought, and the 7 regulators I've bought just to have more things to maintain, and various other expenses, I am out ~$1000. So far, I've only saved ~$200 on regulator maintenance. But, I've already spent more than 100 hours taking the class, rebuilding regulators, and other related activities. That works out to less than $8 and hour to do something I really enjoy! If I can refrain from buying too many more regs, my cost per hour of entertainment should continue going down. It is possible (though unlikely) that I may even break even some day, making all that entertainment free!

Definitely very cost effective entertainment. OP did even better (at least on that one project).

I am talking about the socket not servicing the regulator.
Agreed and that socket looks nasty sharp - I would not put that thing anywhere near my regulator. To each their own, but if I needed to save $10 by doing this, I’d hang up my fins - there are easier things to save $10 on (at least here in the US).

Agreed and that socket looks nasty sharp - I would not put that thing anywhere near my regulator. To each their own, but if I needed to save $10 by doing this, I’d hang up my fins - there at easier things to save $10 on.
lol, double use as a line cutter. an other $20 saved :D

Just curious, how would hanging up your fins saves your money?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom