xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Lecter nailed my concern. maybe its less of an issue than i think it is, but as of now, that is all i have been trained to do. i am still a tadpole and have tons to learn. Charts were fine for simple dives where actual bottom time was not a concern (in classes or when you only have one dive a day) other than that the computer takes over for me

Dr Lecter nailed my concern. maybe its less of an issue than i think it is

Pretty much... I was trying to make the same point but he simplified it.
At this point I'd rather have a digital compass than the NDL planner. I've never had a need for it and don't anticipate having one. I'm waiting no less than an hour and then getting in. When my computer tells me to start surfacing or die, I'll do it.

First of all, I almost fell off my chair. Let's bold this:

...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. My wife bought me one to shut me up (after reading most of this thread). 27 dives so far and this thing is perfect. I mean it. No issues so far. No temp issues - nada. Coming from me, this is probably worth something. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie.

Lamby, I find that for recreational dives, if you just wait 45 minutes or an hour between dives before suiting up, you will get a good long repetitive dive. But you'll need to figure out for yourself how important the planner is to you.

Triggerd by the temperature issue mentioned above. Is this solved for the current owners? Mine is stil 3 to 5 degrees Celsius off. Also it fluctuates a lot while staying on the same spot and depth.

I would like to have some feedback so I know what to do or not. A recent software update mentioned this problem and should have fixed this. Maybe my computer has a different problem.

I'm diving with a Atomics Cobalt, VRX and the xDeep to see variations in behavior. XDeep runs pretty close to the others in performance and temp. Only annoyance was turning off the autoflip on the display of the Black. It's my go to computer. The display is a godsend for my closeup vision. Updating the Black is ridiculously easy too.

BTW...Diving with these three computers makes you glow like a christmas tree on a night dive.

Noctilux, my temps were originally drastically off last June, then closer with the next firmware upgrades, then about 5F off, then by late August it was reading the same temps as everyone else's various computers. I had noticed though that the temperature variations were more pronounced in very cold water, between 38 to 50F, so early in the season. As our water warmed up, I couldn't be sure if it would still be accurate at low temps. So late next spring, I will be checking in very cold water again... Hopefully it's completely fixed, not just in warm water.

I'm doing 2 cold water dives this week. I'll report back by Friday about temperature readings. (So far I have seen very little deviation from the Cobalt and VRX).

Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie. Moreover...drum roll please, I now have the EANX model and it is fantastic. Dang. Sounds of Tri eating humble pie.

Sorry, I don't understand...can you please elaborate? Can NOT compute

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom