xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I'm positive this question has already been covered, but I don't wanna read 700+ posts.
With the upgrade, does this become a regular dive computer for both air & nitrox?

Sorry, I don't understand...can you please elaborate? Can NOT compute

I'll bring you pie at BTS. Blueberry not humble.

---------- Post added December 30th, 2014 at 06:05 PM ----------

Ok, I'm positive this question has already been covered, but I don't wanna read 700+ posts.
With the upgrade, does this become a regular dive computer for both air & nitrox?

Yes it does.

I'd be glad to test someones at my location... PM me and I'll give you my mailing address. :wink:

Haha, you can ship me to your atoll, and I'll be happy to test it there. :)

One dive at Dutch Springs this morning. Used Cobalt and xDeep Black EanX. Temp at 62 feet measured 43F on both. Temps did not vary more than one degree F between the two computers at any time throughout the dive. (I've used XRV, Cobalt and Black in the pool many times and could not find significant differences between them at 87F either). I'm running latest SW upgrade on the Black.

Damn, it was cold on the surface today. The wind was blowing and the temp around 27F this morning. Don't even want to consider what the wind chill was. I reckon that I did this as penance for all the good things I had to say in this thread.

Thanks for the update! I'll do one or two more checks, orherwise their might be a hardware problem instead of a software problem with my XDeep.

Triggerd by the temperature issue mentioned above. Is this solved for the current owners? Mine is stil 3 to 5 degrees Celsius off. Also it fluctuates a lot while staying on the same spot and depth.

I would like to have some feedback so I know what to do or not. A recent software update mentioned this problem and should have fixed this. Maybe my computer has a different problem.
Please check if you have installed current 2.4.1 software version. Temperature reading was fixed long time ago. Let us know if you shall have any problems.

Please check if you have installed current 2.4.1 software version. Temperature reading was fixed long time ago. Let us know if you shall have any problems.

Thanks for the response TDG. Yes, I did install it two weeks ago and made several dives with it.. I can see the charging percentage while loading, for example. Nevertheless it still varies many degrees, but also fluctuates when it should be constant.

Tomorrow I will make another three dives with it and compare it again. It's a pity cause I ready enjoy the computer a lot durng my technical and recreational dives. However I also monitor the conditions of my dives throughout the year, and that is only partly possible now.

Thanks TDG. Your service must be great. However I am on the other side of the ocean :wink:
The computer is still 5 degrees off and sometimes jumps to another temperature. I'll visit my dealer and let you all know

With the changes we've been seeing in decompression models and trends in the last couple of years, such as shallower or shorter/omitted first/deep stops and a longer shallow/safety stop, and a move away from VPM alone to VPM plus gradient factors, and now higher low factors and lower high factors... whew... what would be the recommended settings for the xDeep Black now?

Under "Computer":
I see the default algorithm seems to be ZHL-16C+GF.
I don't know what Pre Change means. Does someone know? It's set to 3 feet.
The conservatism is set to 1. I'm thinking this is about 30/85 or 90 or so?
And Repetitive Adj(ustment) is on. I guess it adjusts the algorithm for repetitive dives?

I couldn't find the answers in my old manual, version 2.1. If someone could let me know, it would be appreciated, thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom