xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Sebastian, but I am based in Europe. Alteady in contact with Piotr so everything under control.

Hello Guys, I just purchased an Xdeep Eanx from tecdivegear and I hope I did not make a mistake. I purchased this over the petrel because I figured I could save a couple hundred by not going to trimix right now (which i may never do) and would have a great multigas deco computer to replace or augment my Datamax pro 3. I use my computer all the time to calculate my NDL for 2nd and 3rd dives and I am not sure the xdeep has a NDL planner in their software. I did not see anything about surface mode NDL planning in the manual and that concerns me. Do any of you that have this computer already know if it has a dive planner or not? If not, I am going to send it back as I feel that is feature I can not live without for my recreational eanx diving I currently do.

Hello Guys, I just purchased an Xdeep Eanx from tecdivegear and I hope I did not make a mistake. I purchased this over the petrel because I figured I could save a couple hundred by not going to trimix right now (which i may never do) and would have a great multigas deco computer to replace or augment my Datamax pro 3. I use my computer all the time to calculate my NDL for 2nd and 3rd dives and I am not sure the xdeep has a NDL planner in their software. I did not see anything about surface mode NDL planning in the manual and that concerns me. Do any of you that have this computer already know if it has a dive planner or not? If not, I am going to send it back as I feel that is feature I can not live without for my recreational eanx diving I currently do.

I look forward to reading your honest, unbiased review of this computer.

I would love to give you that review, but if it does not a NDL planner based on past dives, I can not keep it. I was hoping I could get the info from people here that have one.

There is no NDL planner. You can download the manual on the XDeep site. They told me it is planned, but that can take some time.

There is no NDL planner. You can download the manual on the XDeep site. They told me it is planned, but that can take some time.
Thank you very much for that info. That is what I was afraid of. I have had very bad luck with waiting for "vaporware" upgrades in the past. So I guess I am now pretty sure I made a mistake and need to return the xdeep, and get the petrel2

You could use V Planner, other software or tables to calculate repetitive dives for now if you want to.

I find the xDeep Black absolutely awesome and it is about half the size of the Petrel and a lot cheaper. It garners a lot of interest whenever I go diving and people ask for demos all the time. I'm pretty sure there have been a few sales based on the demos, and I'm starting to see them around. The Black is rugged, tiny, very easy to read, and functionally? I think it's superb.

Ayisha, thanks for your help and I really like most of what the xdeep brings to the table. Being a recreational eanx diver now adding yet another piece of software that uses a different algorithm is not an option right now. I am not bring a laptop on a dive trip to figure out how long I need for a surface interval between dives.

The price between the xdeep and the petrel is nothing. The price for a trimix xdeep is the same as the petrel. I just did not need the trimix and that is the only reason it was $200 cheaper. I really liked the rechargeable battery but I can two 14500 batteries and go from there.

Last edited:
Does the Petrel recreational mode have an NDL planner? The Tech mode has a good dive planner, but it won't generate a list of NDL times for a repetitive dive after a given SI.

Dr. Lecter, yes it does even in rec nitrox mode. You can calculate ndl based on what gasses you have in your settings based on either "now" or a time in the future. Very important for me. Most of the time all I know for my profile is I have x gas and want to dive x deep on my next dive. The petrel has everything I need but I did not want the trimix right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom