xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forgot to mention, whoever (we invite everybody) is going to TekDiveUSA in Miami / May 17-18 there is going to be a BLACK Full TriMix to win so will make one more happy customer I guess ...

I will be there. Will you have units on demo?

If I like what I see, I might take you up on the demo offer (for the Nitrox version) there at TekDive.

I am assuming I won't win it, because I never win anything . . . .

Even those of us who live in a place where you can dive daily, year round that would probably only give you ~3-5 chances to get in the water with it. Not nearly enough time to form an opinion.

The biggest thing that's missing is the network of serious divers/instructors who have one and are on boats raving about it. When Shearwater built the NERD, they got it in the hands of those who can influence peoples' decision to buy.

Until this puppy starts showing up on expedition level boats, in the hands of well respected divers, it's just another dive computer.

Wow ! you have just disregarded all of those divers that took the Black to caves nobody seen before (non documented) and depths of few hundred feet on a daily basis. If you wish to know those divers or achievements Piotr from xDepp will be more than happy to share.

---------- Post added April 17th, 2014 at 10:51 AM ----------

I will be there. Will you have units on demo?

If I like what I see, I might take you up on the demo offer (for the Nitrox version) there at TekDive.

I am assuming I won't win it, because I never win anything . . . .

Yes, I will be staying few days after the show and probably few before so feel free to contact me through PM here or TecDiveGear FB page here:
https://www.facebook.com/TecDiveGear?sk=wall

I'm guessing the mailed demo offer would be further down the road once you have backorders filled and have stock on hand?

I'm guessing the mailed demo offer would be further down the road once you have backorders filled and have stock on hand?

They are specially designated units that we carry on for shows and demo days.
In case somebody would like to keep one of those (without waiting :) these are registered on TDG as an owner and would not be able to update, upgrade, service etc if that happen :)

Wow ! you have just disregarded all of those divers that took the Black to caves nobody seen before (non documented) and depths of few hundred feet on a daily basis. If you wish to know those divers or achievements Piotr from xDepp will be more than happy to share.

Nope, I'm disregarding what I haven't seen live on a technical dive charter on the west coast of the US.

I am still confused about something....I think I heard that if you upgraded to EANx on the black, that you couldn't also use it in standard BT mode. Is that correct?

Forgot to mention, whoever (we invite everybody) is going to TekDiveUSA in Miami / May 17-18 there is going to be a BLACK Full TriMix to win so will make one more happy customer I guess ...

I'll be there. I was waiting for TekDiveUSA to purchase either a Black or a Petrel, but got tired of waiting and bought a Petrel. Maybe I'll win a nice back up :)

BTW, this thread is more interesting than most shows on TV right now.

They are specially designated units that we carry on for shows and demo days.
In case somebody would like to keep one of those (without waiting :) these are registered on TDG as an owner and would not be able to update, upgrade, service etc if that happen :)

I doubt that anyone suspected even for a nanosecond that you had NEW ones available for demo purposes. :rofl3:

On a more serious note, is there a real reason why production has been so slow? We've heard many opinions including "competition with Samsung, Apple and other giant conglomerates for production capacity and chip availability" What is the real reason why this has taken over a year to get from "READY AND AVAILABLE in July 2013" to PRE-ORDER today?

Some people have received some so the factory must be trickling out a few dozen at a clip. Why so slow?

I am still confused about something....I think I heard that if you upgraded to EANx on the black, that you couldn't also use it in standard BT mode. Is that correct?

No, you can use all modes from the level you have down to bottom timer, switchable with 3 pushes of a button.

---------- Post added April 17th, 2014 at 01:48 PM ----------

I doubt that anyone suspected even for a nanosecond that you had NEW ones available for demo purposes. :rofl3:

On a more serious note, is there a real reason why production has been so slow? We've heard many opinions including "competition with Samsung, Apple and other giant conglomerates for production capacity and chip availability" What is the real reason why this has taken over a year to get from "READY AND AVAILABLE in July 2013" to PRE-ORDER today?

Some people have received some so the factory must be trickling out a few dozen at a clip. Why so slow?

We (xDeep) manufactures from 120 - 200 units per week, very soon it will be around 1500 per month and that should solve most of the 'waiting' problems.

We (xDeep) manufactures from 120 - 200 units per week, very soon it will be around 1500 per month and that should solve most of the 'waiting' problems.

Seb, I appreciate your response. I have obviously underestimated the size of the market waiting for an xDeep dive computer.

Question: If you're already supplying about 800 units/month, why is this on pre-order? Also, why no reports from any divers? (Yes Ludwig, we know about you). Where are these computers? Your numbers seem to imply that there must be around 5,000 already shipped. (Assuming that you have been shipping at an increasing rate since July 2013.) Is my thinking wrong? Looking forward to mine.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom