xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmm I'm Russian, Sebastian is Polish maybe that
icosm14.gif

This actually makes sense.

Regardless, it's pretty weird to have so many posts in defense of the same company....like 6 of 8. You can see why I mentioned it.

Either way, tridacna may have been excessively harsh but not wrong by any means. We, as consumers, have the right to maintain our expectations for things we ordered based off of what we were promised/told by those that we purchase things from. The fact that these computers have been shipping every two weeks since LAST JULY....consumers have the right to be upset, frustrated, annoyed, whatever.

I have only one problem:

Every single time, I (and many others) have inquired about availability, the stock answer was/is 'two weeks'. That has been the case for over a year.

If seb had been honest from the outset, this would be a non-issue. I approached him at BTS last moth and asked him again. After all of this BS, all he had to say was "I am not sure" or "I don't know" or "I'm waiting to hear from the manufacturer". But no, it was the same old bullcrap that he has been spinning for 13 months.

I'm sure that this is a wonderful product made by wonderful people. But the product introduction has soured me (and many others too) on the company and their distribution model. I have met Seb at three tradeshows and he seems to be a really nice guy. Sometimes really nice guys have to be honest with their customers' expectations and not mislead them. That is the crux of my entire argument. Finis.

Forgot to mention, whoever (we invite everybody) is going to TekDiveUSA in Miami / May 17-18 there is going to be a BLACK Full TriMix to win so will make one more happy customer I guess ...

whats the biggest dive center around there ?

Probably Down Under in Gulf Shores, or for a bigger city, MBT in Pensacola. Both have nice shops.

Though I suppose on your end it would be more logical to do Marianna instead to get the cave market too.

Sebastian, newer people on your list aren't getting ahead of us on DRIS' list, are they? I hope you're fulfilling orders by the date they were placed?

Almost 50,000 pageviews. Yowser! You guys ARE getting noticed. One way or the other.

BTW. I still want one! This hasn't cooled down my desire for one...

Probably Down Under in Gulf Shores, or for a bigger city, MBT in Pensacola. Both have nice shops.

Though I suppose on your end it would be more logical to do Marianna instead to get the cave market too.

Ok, will contact these shops in appropriate time for assistance in demo and see what will come up ...

---------- Post added April 17th, 2014 at 07:48 AM ----------

Sebastian, newer people on your list aren't getting ahead of us on DRIS' list, are they? I hope you're fulfilling orders by the date they were placed?

No they don't I'm from NJ experiencing NJ / NY / PA traffic and hate "line jumpers" :)

---------- Post added April 17th, 2014 at 07:49 AM ----------

Almost 50,000 pageviews. Yowser! You guys ARE getting noticed. One way or the other.

BTW. I still want one! This hasn't cooled down my desire for one...

Good because you will love every square inch of that cube ! (actually there is not a lot of those square inches ...)

---------- Post added April 17th, 2014 at 07:53 AM ----------

I have a question, how many of you guys would use a try out offer like this:
- you pay a full computer / bottom timer price deposit and shipping both ways (around $10 both ways, priority 2 day)
- we send you one to dive it for let's say 7 days
- you ship it back and your shipping costs is transferred towards purchase of Black if you decide :D to get one ...
if not you get your money back minus shipping after we receive unit back ?

Is that tempting anyone ? or just useless idea ...

Ok, will contact these shops in appropriate time for assistance in demo and see what will come up ...

---------- Post added April 17th, 2014 at 07:48 AM ----------

No they don't I'm from NJ experiencing NJ / NY / PA traffic and hate "line jumpers" :)

---------- Post added April 17th, 2014 at 07:49 AM ----------

Good because you will love every square inch of that cube ! (actually there is not a lot of those square inches ...)

---------- Post added April 17th, 2014 at 07:53 AM ----------

- you pay a full computer / bottom timer price deposit and shipping both ways (around $10 both ways, priority 2 day)
- you ship it back and your shipping costs is transferred towards purchase of Black if you decide :D to get one ...

Is that tempting anyone ? or just useless idea ...

Sounds like a fast way to end up without any computers to demo lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Even those of us who live in a place where you can dive daily, year round that would probably only give you ~3-5 chances to get in the water with it. Not nearly enough time to form an opinion.

The biggest thing that's missing is the network of serious divers/instructors who have one and are on boats raving about it. When Shearwater built the NERD, they got it in the hands of those who can influence peoples' decision to buy.

Until this puppy starts showing up on expedition level boats, in the hands of well respected divers, it's just another dive computer.

Back
Top Bottom