WTH's going on with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a Mac. Safari. When I open User CP, a pop up partially blocks the list of threads that I'm subscribed to. I have checked the "Block pop up" on the Safari tab.
Dumped cookies. No biggie. Just thought I'd let you know, Howard. Thanks for your help on this.

Can you post a screen shot?

It looks to me like Howard won't be diving for a week or so... I do feel for you as these major upgrades can be very, what's the word.. "issue filled" to say the least.

Hang in Howard!

Actually... I'm heading out to sea next week on Monday. I'll have no internet access for at least 7-8 days. :rofl3:

Here it is, Howard. It's Google ads for dive ops.

225644_1855025507063_1583599415_1812992_2822564_n.jpg

Headed out to sea. I forget who said it, but for me it's true.
"it took me a long time to realize it wasn't the sea that I love.....it's the coastline".

Howard, I was using my IPAD a while ago to get on scubaboard... many of the controls will not work with the IPAD now, things that worked fine before the upgrade.
Examples include if you hit the SUBSCRIBED LINKS drop down... nothing happens with the IPAD now, wherease before it worked fine. A number of other control feaures do not operate.
I'm sure the IPAD customer base of scubaboard is not your first priority, but I did want you to know :)

Howard, I was using my IPAD a while ago to get on scubaboard... many of the controls will not work with the IPAD now, things that worked fine before the upgrade.
Examples include if you hit the SUBSCRIBED LINKS drop down... nothing happens with the IPAD now, wherease before it worked fine. A number of other control feaures do not operate.
I'm sure the IPAD customer base of scubaboard is not your first priority, but I did want you to know :)

It's probably a java thing. Which I can't fix.

It's basic functionality of the site. Not any custom enhancement that I have done.

All I did was install vBulletin 4, and made it work for scubaboard with look and feel and some major functionality. I didn't write the site, and really can't make it work on unsupported devices.

...and the stupid scroll left thing is happening to me too. So add another to that list.

What is the "stupid scroll left thing"

Every once in a while (like about 50 times so far today) everything on the screen jumps to the left ... completely off the screen ... and about 90% of what I'm looking at is a blank gray space where the post used to be. When it happens, a scroll bar displays at the bottom of the screen. It looks like it's already as far left as it can go, but if you grab it with the mouse and push it left, it gets you back to whatever you were looking at when it all jumped left.

Confused yet?

Me too ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

There's atleast 5 in this thread, and I'm sure the majority of people aren't bothering to report it :p

I'm having the same problem too. :(
I'm also having problems when trying to advanced reply.
See screen shots
advanced reply scrolling.jpgadvanced reply.jpgadvanced reply scrolling far right.jpgadvanced reply scrolling down middle.jpgadvanced reply scrolling down right.jpgadvanced reply scrolling down left.jpg
This is all the same screen. It's as if it's huge.
I tried dumping all the cookies and rebooting and resizing the screen.
I'm using Windows 7 Vista.
I didn't post before because I was waiting to see if someone else had the same problem so you didn't have a ton of the same posts. I also understand if it's something that can't be addressed at the moment.

It would be nice that for those who are NOT having issues would take their comments elsewhere so that those having issues and Howard who is trying to address the issues, doesn't need to wade through all the garbage trying to find an answer.

I'm having the same problem too. :(
I'm also having problems when trying to advanced reply.
See screen shots
View attachment 94701View attachment 94702View attachment 94703View attachment 94704View attachment 94705View attachment 94706
This is all the same screen. It's as if it's huge.
I tried dumping all the cookies and rebooting and resizing the screen.
I'm using Windows 7 Vista.
I didn't post before because I was waiting to see if someone else had the same problem so you didn't have a ton of the same posts. I also understand if it's something that can't be addressed at the moment.

It would be nice that for those who are NOT having issues would take their comments elsewhere so that those having issues and Howard who is trying to address the issues, doesn't need to wade through all the garbage trying to find an answer.

What version of Internet Explorer are you using? Click Help - then About... and it shows the version number.

I've been chasing this in another thread this afternoon. Unfortunately I can't duplicate the error on any of my computers so it's more difficult.

It might be somehow related to scripting in IE. If you have a default security level set it might need to be modified. This is just speculation on my part.

So try this:
To allow all Web sites in the Internet zone to run scripts, use the steps that apply to your browser:

Windows Internet Explorer
(all versions except Pocket Internet Explorer)

Note To allow scripting on this Web site only, and to leave scripting disabled in the Internet zone, add this Web site to the Trusted sites zone.

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
Click the Internet zone.
If you do not have to customize your Internet security settings, click Default Level. Then do step 4

If you have to customize your Internet security settings, follow these steps:
a. Click Custom Level.
b. In the Security Settings – Internet Zone dialog box, click Enable for Active Scripting in the Scripting section.

Click the Back button to return to the previous page, and then click the Refresh button to run scripts.

copied from the Microsoft Support site here: How to enable scripting in your browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom