WTH's going on with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As I'm viewing a post, or attempting to reply, the screen suddenly jumps to the left ... leaving me looking at a very clipped (and mostly gray) screen, with just the fringe of what's supposed to be the window I'm viewing visible on my left.

There doesn't appear to be any way to get it back ... Refresh only brings me back to the mostly blank screen. My only option appears to be to close the window and log back into Explorer.

Whatever y'all did to ScubaBoard, I liked the old board much better ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

OH ... and it makes me log in every time I come back ... there doesn't appear to be any way to tell it to "remember me".

This makes the board too difficult to use. Y'all need to restore the old version. I'll check in from time to time ... but it's more effort than it's worth ... if it stays this way, I'll go post somewhere else from now on.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Found control panel, still like old better. This format is too much like the CDF.

Guys,

The board is in the process of being upgraded to v4 which will have a lot more features. Many of the things on the old version are no longer being supported. I'm sure Howard can correct me if I'm speaking out of turn, but he's probably busy with the move at the moment. Right now I'm sure most things are on default templates. Once the move is complete he can probably look at restoring features closer to their original position and function that we've all grown accustomed to.

Bob, the box to "remember me" is located just below where you type user name and password on the top right corner. I checked it and tried closing the window and re-opening and it logged me in automatically. If you check that box and are still having problems you might try deleting your SB cookies. No clue what's happening with the half screen you mentioned. I'm on FF4 and everything looks fine so far.

Hope that helps some.

a) I'm taking a break.

2) there's no going back to the old site
3) if things don't work right... toss your cookies and try again.
d) I'm not done yet. This is just phase 1. Everyone needs to relax. This is a whole new format.

Thanks for keeping SB current with all the latest and greatest even though I did have SB withdrawal this morning and was actually productive at work. Yep, it's all Howard's fault that I had to actually do work today and it needs to STOP!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom