WTH's going on with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard--I had no need to . Other than having that short downtime and having to reenter username/password everything just worked.

Did anyone else who is having this issue try the simple solution here (shown quoted here)? Or another browser? With all of the issues I am trying to work on... Chasing ghosts in the machine is the least fun, and with the relative lack of information, doesn't give me much to go on. If someone has an idea... I'm open to suggestions.

Did anyone else who is having this issue try the simple solution here (shown quoted here)? Or another browser? With all of the issues I am trying to work on... Chasing ghosts in the machine is the least fun, and with the relative lack of information, doesn't give me much to go on. If someone has an idea... I'm open to suggestions.

My idea is to chase your more important ghosts. I can live with this one ... for a while anyway ... until the dust settles.

Wondering if it might be op sys related. I don't seem to have the problem on my home computer, which uses the same internet browser as work. But at work I use Windows 2007 and at home I use Windows NT.

Just a thought ... because I sometimes like to think ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Cookies were dumped at work. I dont have the issue on my home pc.

Same here ... maybe Somebody is trying to tell us to quit screwing off at work ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Same here ... maybe Somebody is trying to tell us to quit screwing off at work ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I know I spend way to much time at work on here! But like I said, it's not happening at home. Also I have noticed at home the headers (beside the Welcome) like my user name, notifications, my profile, user cp, and log out appear at the very top of the page in the light blue section and those words are in black. At work they are just under the top banner in a dark blue line and are very hard to see.

My work computer has an older op sys as well, could be an issue. Probably got stronger firewalls at work too.

Just logged on at home; no issues. I think Bob may have stumbled onto something. I'll strong-arm the IT at work and see if he's trying to make my life miserable. :D

Try updating Flash - I'm wondering if it's related to a old version/missing browser plug-in.

My idea is to chase your more important ghosts. I can live with this one ... for a while anyway ... until the dust settles.

Wondering if it might be op sys related. I don't seem to have the problem on my home computer, which uses the same internet browser as work. But at work I use Windows 2007 and at home I use Windows NT.

Just a thought ... because I sometimes like to think ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ok. I just found a Windows 2000 Machine with IE 6 and 1024 x 768 resolution, and YES it's messed up. I quite honestly don't know if there is a fix for this problem, as it has to do with how the site is scripted as a whole, and the browser capability. Chrome is not supported on Windows 2000 Server. Firefox however - can be installed on this OS, and does work just fine.

I tried this on Windows XP with IE 7 and Chrome, and FF 3 and all was fine.

Tried on Win 7 with Chrome, FF4, and IE 8 and also fine.

Ok. I just found a Windows 2000 Machine with IE 6 and 1024 x 768 resolution, and YES it's messed up.

Damn, Howard ... I'm impressed. What was the name of the museum? :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom