wristwatch computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The_Ghost

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been looking at the sunnto vyper but as I read more and more and think about it... I need a new watch too. My watch is on it's last leg and it eats batteries for breakfast(takes 2).

So I was thinking why not get a dive computer that looks and feels like a watch.

My question is how well do they hold up under abuse... err I mean wear and tear?

I also NEVER take off my watch, so this needs to hold up like a tank.

There's a reason why it's a dive computer that partly functions as a wristwatch and not a tool wristwatch.

They're built tough. Tough enough to handle the daily scuba activities (banging against hard surfaces, etc.), but they're not meant to be worn while running a jackhammer.

So I was thinking why not get a dive computer that looks and feels like a watch.

Suunto D9. Great DC and looks like a dress watch. If you have the cash get the titanium strap and transmitter. I love mine!

Well I don't like the whole idea of wireless. I work in the comptuer field and I know how nice and how much of a bitch it is.

I have just been using the search function and reading everyones comments and damn feels like it will be next year to get thru all of them lol. If I got one it would be a metal strap, I prefer the dressy look. I think the dive watch/computers are smaller then the watch I'm wearing now :eek:

I dive now with just my watch and use my tables. I want a computer just as my back up and a fun new way to log all my dives.

ps: that D9s price is just crazy. It should fix me dinner for that price LOL

Awsome... I lost your link before now it's bookmarked :)

Check out the Citizen Aqualand. Price is not that bad and it will give you depth, temp, etc... You can also upload your info to pc. Has memmory to keep last 30 dives. If you are looking for just a computer, I have found that the best prices have been on scubatoys.com. The aqualand can be bought from ebay with software and communication cradle for about 200. Good luck!

If you want a "real" nitrox wristwatch computer - check out the Citizen Cyber Aqualand Nx.

It is a full functioning nitrox computer the records up to 100 dives - comes with a recharging station, so you don't have to change batteries. And it has more bells and whistles than you can imagine. And it is a nice watch to wear every day.

There are some new units still around and also some used units come up on ebay periodically. And nice thing is if they ever need repair, Citizen is known to never abandon even their oldest watches.

Here is a search link so you can see what is out there on ebay:

cyber aqualand items - Get great deals on Jewelry Watches, Sporting Goods items on eBay.com!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom