Do you wear a dive watch? (not computer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't wear a dive watch on every dive- I usually use a Petrel 2 or Garmin G1- but will sometimes wear one in addition to the dive computer. Just because. I've used my Casio G-Shock, Vostok Amphibia, and Citizen Ecozilla and all have worked just fine. Even though both of my aforementioned dive computers can show me what time it is during the dive it's sometimes just nicer/ easier to glance at a watch.

Even though both of my aforementioned dive computers can show me what time it is during the dive it's sometimes just nicer/ easier to glance at a watch.
I'd go so far as to say it's ALWAYS nicer/easier to glance at a watch.

View attachment 829499

I probably haven't worn this in 15 years... I probably wore it on only a couple dives but it used to be my go to vacation watch. You all are inspiring my to get this dry rotted band replaced (any suggestions?) and get it back in rotation.
You inspired me to find one. I have been wanting a "Bumblebee" Seiko for a long time.
s-l1600.jpg

If you don't mind sending it to one of only two certified service facilities in the country every year or so to have the 3 batteries replaced, the Citizen CO23 is a real hoot. Depth gauge and timer with rudimentary computer. Day, date and digital time as well as analog, and probably some other things I'm forgetting. They haven't been made for a couple of decades, but isn't that what a watch collector likes?
🐸

PS Did I mention it came in a neat yellow plastic “scuba tank” display case?😁

Attachments

• IMG_2369.jpeg
    IMG_2369.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 14
Gshock rangeman.

Solar power, sets itself from WWV, backlight bright enough to use as a flashlight. Compass, and you could run over it with a tank.

IMG_20240329_221926.jpg

Just picked up this beast for a friend of mine. 20240330_071656.jpg

Solar powered with depth and max depth gauge. If I wasn't such a Seiko cult member, I'd rock this 53mm monster.

I've not worn a dive watch since getting my first dive computer in 2005. But I also haven't worn a watch at all since getting my first iPhone. I have a nice Breitling my wife bought me as a wedding gift. It sits in a drawer. Haven't worn it since the early 2000s. I just don't like wearing a watch.

I just don't like wearing a watch.
I'm just the opposite. My wife, in fact, accuses me of being time obsessed because of the number of times I glance at my wristwatch.

I have two nice dive watches, a Seiko and a Tag Heuer, both given to me as gifts, and I wear one or the other every day.

Except when I'm diving. I don't wear one when I'm diving. When I'm diving, I have a computer on each wrist, and the watch goes in a gear bag.

I'm just the opposite. My wife, in fact, accuses me of being time obsessed because of the number of times I glance at my wristwatch.

I have two nice dive watches, a Seiko and a Tag Heuer, both given to me as gifts, and I wear one or the other every day.

Except when I'm diving. I don't wear one when I'm diving. When I'm diving, I have a computer on each wrist, and the watch goes in a gear bag.

I think for a guy, I'm a bit of an outlier. Other than my wedding ring, I don't wear jewelry. My wedding ring I've gotten used to and rarely take it off. But otherwise, I just don't like the feel of jewelry ... rings, necklaces, watches, bracelets. Just not my thing. Everyone is different and, in this regard, I know I'm more different than most. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom