Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is each person just going to bring one thing? I'll bring paper plates if that's the case. If we need to bring more than 1 thing I can bring something else. I will be going to Costco for this stuff...so if people need me to grab other things I can...

ryanarcher:
Is each person just going to bring one thing? I'll bring paper plates if that's the case. If we need to bring more than 1 thing I can bring something else. I will be going to Costco for this stuff...so if people need me to grab other things I can...

Hopefully we will have enough people coming so that each person just brings one thing, unless your bringing a bunch of friends/family, then feel free to bring more. But, I think that 1 person should bring all the condiments and 1 person should bring all the paper products (plates, forks, napkins, and a trash bag or two). Don't buy the paper products at Costco unless you are going to use the rest yourself at home, because there really aren't that many of us (I think there are like 500 paper plates in a package).

Okay, we will need someone to BBQ. I can't convince my husband that this would be fun for him too. He's a muggle (a.k.a. a non-diver). I can't really blame him since I would be leaving his butt on the sand cooking while I had fun in the water.

How many people are we talking about? I can help with the BBQ - but like you, I will be in and out of the water that day :) I am hoping for an early morning dive, a 1.5 hour SI - then another dive. A snack of chips or fruit or something during the 1.5-2 hour SI and air refill - then another dive before lunch. Possibly another dive after lunch - but it is a long surface swim for each dive...so maybe not!

Ann Marie:
Hopefully we will have enough people coming so that each person just brings one thing, unless your bringing a bunch of friends/family, then feel free to bring more. But, I think that 1 person should bring all the condiments and 1 person should bring all the paper products (plates, forks, napkins, and a trash bag or two). Don't buy the paper products at Costco unless you are going to use the rest yourself at home, because there really aren't that many of us (I think there are like 500 paper plates in a package).

Okay, we will need someone to BBQ. I can't convince my husband that this would be fun for him too. He's a muggle (a.k.a. a non-diver). I can't really blame him since I would be leaving his butt on the sand cooking while I had fun in the water.

He can bring his golf clubs and practise his putting on the lawn...........

ryanarcher:
How many people are we talking about? I can help with the BBQ - but like you, I will be in and out of the water that day :) I am hoping for an early morning dive, a 1.5 hour SI - then another dive. A snack of chips or fruit or something during the 1.5-2 hour SI and air refill - then another dive before lunch. Possibly another dive after lunch - but it is a long surface swim for each dive...so maybe not!

So far we have about 20 people that have RSVP'd.

This is just a reminder (for those of you who haven't) to go to the following URL and click on the link to add yourself to the list of attendees on the public Calendar.

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=180&day=2004-10-30

Remember, if you have multiple people in your party, let Ann Marie know how many for planning purposes. You can do that by either posting it here or sending her a PM.

All divers and non-divers, ScubaBoard members and non-ScubaBoard members are welcome.

DISCOUNTS!!!

Don't forget to post to this thread we started for discounts on air fills, rentals and purchases for the day of the Wrinkles Dive:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t74341-wrinkles'-october-30th-air-fills,-rental-and-purchasing-needs.html

The more people who post with an idea of what they will need, the lower the prices of air fills, rentals, and gear purchases on that day. ICY ICE is also looking into the possibility of having OEX extend these discounts to the night before.

By the way, I'll re-post this from time to time, so that this link is always easy to find close to the end of this thread.

Christian

I am really interested in joining but I am not sure I will be able. I will post as soon as I know.

Number of Air Fills:4
Gear Rentals: 0
Gear Purchases: ??? never know

I've put the word out to 3 of my buddies.
I'll post for sure (or have them sign the calander) once they get back to me.

Cheers

I'll know on Tues. if I can get the 30th off. It looks good as of now. I'll let you guys know next week! If I can make it I'll bring the plates, napkins, forks, knives and trash bags.

Thomas

Time to step up and commit to bringing something. We can't have the BBQ if there aren't enough people willing to bring something.

Here is a re-cap of what we need:

BBQ grill: Gomer Piles

EZup: JDog

Utensils : possibly ‘scubainspired’ (Thomas)
plates
napkins
forks
knives
trash bags

Condiments:
ketchup
mayo
mustard
lettuce
tomatoes
onions
pickles

Side Dishes

Fruit

Veggies

Soft Drinks (?)

Chips

Desserts
cookies: Ana
cookies: Jennifer
rum cake: Ann Marie

Meat: Ann Marie (included in the TBD cost of $3-5)
hamburger
hot dogs
buns

Water: Ann Marie (included in the TBD cost of $3-5)

Cooler with ice for water:

If I am leaving anything off this list that you can think of or want to bring, just go ahead and post....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom