Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll bring a side dish - I'll bring macaroni salad or something like that...

I think maybe you should PM everyone since I don't think scuba board is being used as much anymore...and people are not checking this thread since it has been here so long.

Ann Marie,

I can bring sodas/water and an ice chest. I agree with Ryan, PMs may be the way to go here...

Jennifer

I can bring a big cooler of Ice and water. I am a big water fan.

I was at the shores on Saturday and lots of people were burning pallets in plain view of the lifeguards. That conbined with jurus equitus(sp) will keep me out of jail. I am bringing stuff to burn.

Good idea about PM'ing everyone. I will try and do that later this week (busy week ahead).

divinman:
I was at the shores on Saturday and lots of people were burning pallets in plain view of the lifeguards. That conbined with jurus equitus(sp) will keep me out of jail. I am bringing stuff to burn.

Maybe we can pickup an old Army Flame Thrower somewhere??? That should keep us warm...........

http://www.pipersprecisionproducts.com/flame_thrower.htm

Ok I put my name down on the calender and look forward to meeting everyone!

I would like to bring all the hot dogs and buns for everyone (no charge)

I will not be diving and will be there to meet everyone,take lots of pictures of the group and since I am not diving I will help with the bbq and whatever else is needed.

I am not sure if there will be a campfire at night but if so I can bring firewood?

Well heck. If someone is going to bring the water, and someone else hot dogs and buns I will just plan on bringing the burgers and buns and then no one will have to pay anyone anything. Cool.

Ann Marie:
Well heck. If someone is going to bring the water, and someone else hot dogs and buns I will just plan on bringing the burgers and buns and then no one will have to pay anyone anything. Cool.

Nice, the tone of frustation comes to mind...............we have to get a better grip on this event. There is a lot of people coming, all with expectations and unless we all contribute, it will be a royal failure. Waiting for people to volunteer will not work. Just take the list of stuff required, and divide it up between all the people on the list. And if anyone complains, I will just turn off their air at 100ft.

People attending this event:

headhunter
sapphire
Ann Marie
divinman
ShakaZulu
divebuddysean
ICY ICE
mgmonk
wrinkles
mccabejc
Gomer Piles
Mr Clean
krowsea
Ikari
pasley
saintsfan
ryanarcher
Otter
scubapro5

Here is a re-cap of what we need:

BBQ grill: Gomer Piles

EZup: JDog

Utensils : possibly ‘scubainspired’ (Thomas)
plates
napkins
forks
knives
trash bags

Condiments:
ketchup
mayo
mustard
lettuce
tomatoes
onions
pickles

Side Dishes

Fruit

Veggies

Soft Drinks (?)

Chips

Desserts
cookies: Ana
cookies: Jennifer
rum cake: Ann Marie

Meat: Ann Marie (included in the TBD cost of $3-5)
hamburger
hot dogs
buns

Water: Ann Marie (included in the TBD cost of $3-5)

Cooler with ice for water:

If I am leaving anything off this list that you can think of or want to bring, just go ahead and post....

Back
Top Bottom