Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I for one didn't realize that the 30th is going to be here so soon. Geesh, it's like the weekend after next. So I ignored this thread until just now.

Of course I will be bringing my honey, so she can man the upstairs while everyone is downstairs. She's going to make some lumpia, which is some kinda Filipino eggroll or something. She says she makes a *****in' (my word) lumpia, the best of all lumpias in all the world. I've never had it, so I can't comment. Although she is the world's best chef (even better than my mom), so it will probably be good.

Okay, now she's talking trash about everybody else's lumpia, and how I'm going to be spoiled when I try hers. Whatever. And she's also talking about making some pancit.

We also have a big Costco box of plastic knives, forks and spoons in the closet. A lot more than we'll need, so we'll bring those. Let me know if we need to bring anything else. I think we have a couple of coolers we can bring.

Ann Marie:
The only person that is bring a family member/girlfriend/mistress is divinman.:eyebrow:

We're allowed to bring a mistress? :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Only if you promise no pictures. :wink:

mccabejc:
And she's also talking about making some pancit.

Jim,

If Myrna brings pancit I will be forever in her debt - its my favorite filipino dish :biggrin:!!

I am glad people are stepping up and volunteering, it looks like we have lots of the stuff covered now...

Jennifer

My wife will join us for lunch also - so we are 21. I am bringing a side dish...so sign me up for that. Roy - you are on here a lot...but what are you bringing?

Yeah Roy,

What are you bringing :wink:??

My fiancee Emily and I are coming. It sounds like so much fun! We'll both be diving. So that makes 23?

I really look forward to meeting all the scubaboard members! Especially Jim, my new favorite poster, and Sean, my favorite dive-site reporter / picture taker. (And what does Shaka-zula really look like? :) ) Also, I hope wrinkles brings wrinkles.

Oh yes, we are also bringing stuff. Not sure what yet, I'll post again after I discuss it with her. I was going to bring Lumpia, but now that the queen bee of Lumpia production (Jim's honey) is bringing Lumpia, Lumpia is out of the question, since I'm sure my Lumpia could never compare to Jim's honey's Lumpia. I would simply be out-lumpia-ed. And who wants to be out-lumpia-ed? No one. So we will bring something else. It will probably end up being nothing like Lumpia.

Scott

ps - Jim, on a serious note, I do look forward to trying a little phillipino food! mmm

ryanarcher:
My wife will join us for lunch also - so we are 21. I am bringing a side dish...so sign me up for that. Roy - you are on here a lot...but what are you bringing?

Whatever Ann-Marie needs me to bring, still waiting for her PM.......you better get there early with me, lets do a scooter dive.

So what is the protocol?

post airfills/renting/buying
PM Ann Marie

Did I miss anything? I probably won't be diving this time, but will attend the festivities with JDog and Snakedr.

jetfixer:
So what is the protocol?

post airfills/renting/buying
PM Ann Marie

Did I miss anything? I probably won't be diving this time, but will attend the festivities with JDog and Snakedr.

Pretty much, why not..........

Back
Top Bottom