Wrinkles March '06 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBDiveGirl:
I HAVE TO CARRY MY OWN DOUBLES???!!

GET ME YOUR SUPERVISOR!!

(..oh... yeah... I don't have doubles...yet..... sorry....)

I'll just slip quietly into the water now.... see you at the Valiant... :D

hbd'chica

Claudette - have no fear. After some creative rescheduling, I will now be attending this event... gear hauling apparatus in tow. :)

So count me in for Saturday. Plan on coming over on the 6:15 from LB. I hear the Valiant excursion is scheduled for the inhumane hour of 7am, which means I'll miss that dive. However, I'll be on the lookout for anyone who is interested in hitting the big V at the more reasonable time of 7:45-8:00.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

-Scott

Oh Man, something always comes up when I try to attend the Wrinkles dive on Catalina. I won't be on the early boat over there Sat morning................

OH YEA!

Teresa and I are going over on the 10:00am out of Long Beach on Friday. We have two nights at the 'Mosa, and are staying until 2:05pm Sunday! This means the Valiant early Sat morn.:D

We are going with Irdcn3. Anyone else taking that boat over?

CaptainMarvel:
Claudette - don't shed a tear. After some creative rescheduling, I will now be attending this event... gear hauling apparatus in tow.

I hear the Valiant excursion is scheduled for the inhumane hour of 7am, which means I'll miss that dive. However, I'll be on the lookout for anyone who is interested in hitting the big V at the more reasonable time of 7:45-8:00.

-Scott

Hey Scott,

Glad Claudette is taken care of. I think everybody was concerned for her welfare. :D

??? *** ??? Where did you hear the Valiant dive is at 7am? Did somebody get a permit?
If we can get a permit, I'd be willing to dive it when you're set...

Kevin

Kevfin:
Hey Scott,

Glad Claudette is taken care of. I think everybody was concerned for her welfare. :D

??? *** ??? Where did you hear the Valiant dive is at 7am? Did somebody get a permit?
If we can get a permit, I'd be willing to dive it when you're set...

Kevin

Sounds good, Kevin! I think Ken mentioned diving it at 7am. The earliest you can get a permit is the morning of the dive -- can't get one in advance. Also, one person can get a permit for their whole group. You just need to provide the names of everyone in the dive party and the timeframe of the dive. I'll follow up with you about getting a permit as we get closer to the 11th.

Btw, my lawyer will be in contact with you regarding the unauthorized editing of my original post. :)

CaptainMarvel:
I'll follow up with you about getting a permit as we get closer to the 11th.

Btw, my lawyer will be in contact with you regarding the unauthorized editing of my original post. :)

Scott, Excellent! This is going to be a blast!!

--- :slick: I'm impressed, didn't think too many people would catch that. Must be one of your superpowers.

Have your lawyer call my lawyer, they can do lunch...

A Wrinkle's dive I can actually make! I'll be there with a couple of students doing the Peak Performance Buoyancy specialty, but will be hanging out all day after their dive(s) are done.

xSandman3:
A Wrinkle's dive I can actually make! I'll be there with a couple of students doing the Peak Performance Buoyancy specialty, but will be hanging out all day after their dive(s) are done.
Make sure your students know that they are welcome to hang out as well!

Christian

So how many are staying over Sat night and would be interested in a get-together up at my place that evening? While I can't sponsor it (being an impoverished marine biologist/dive bum), I can certainly provide a place to gather, watch some video and interact before we all go downtown to party!

Conditions this weekend are great (60 ft vis in the dive park despite two storms this week). Hopefully they will hold!

drbill:
So how many are staying over Sat night and would be interested in a get-together up at my place that evening? While I can't sponsor it (being an impoverished marine biologist/dive bum), I can certainly provide a place to gather, watch some video and interact before we all go downtown to party!

Conditions this weekend are great (60 ft vis in the dive park despite two storms this week). Hopefully they will hold!
I'll be there Friday and Saturday night, so I'm up for a little get together on Saturday after diving.

Maybe it could be a sort of before dinner social event. We could think of it as Dr. Bill's dive happy hour, where everyone goes by the island supermarket and picks up some chips or dip or other happy hour type stuff.

Just a thought.

Christian

Back
Top Bottom