Wrinkles March '06 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, here we go!

I am confirmed to travel from Long Beach on the Catalina Express boat departing Friday the 10th at 4:15 PM.

Staying at the Hermosa hotel in a cheapie room with the bathroom down the hall Friday and Saturday nights.

Returning to Long Beach on the Sunday boat departing Avalon at 6:00 PM.

I will be bringing my doubles (E8-130's) and will be diving NITROX. I have checked with ScubaLuv and will be getting fills there since my cylinders are O2 clean. Anybody want to carry my cylinders? :)

I'm in for an early morning dive on the Vaiiant on Saturday. Lots of dives during the day, and hopefully a night dive Saturday evening. More on Sunday with a nice leisurely walk back to the ferry Sunday evening.

Claudette, I'd be happy to spend some time with you and possibly Christian looking at and working some of the cave stuff. Ken, I really want to see you heft double water coolers! :)

I did my cave class in a wet suit, so this will be my first time diving in a dry suit with doubles so I expect to flail about a bit, so don't hold my feet to the flames if I have less than ideal technique.

Mark Vlahos

You guys may want to bring some shovels, I've never seen caves over there........

Brandon and I plan to come for the day on Saturday. We'll be on the 9:45 am from Dana Point. He really wants to find the Crusado Plaque this time.

ShakaZulu:
You guys may want to bring some shovels, I've never seen caves over there........
On the last Mo2vation dive Claudette, Christian, and I were talking a bit about cave diving, and the rigs. Since I am trying to dive doubles more than singles (to keep in practice) I will have most of the gear on the island anyway.:D

And there is at least one genuine cavern on the island, I can't remember the name of the site but I dove it a couple of years ago. And while it is not at all within reach of the underwater park, it does exist.

Mark Vlahos

I'm so bummed! Sinuses are clearing, weather still out there, but now the boss is having a fund raiser for a worthy cause that very afternoon, and there is no way I can get over there and back in time...

kelpmermaid:
I'm so bummed! Sinuses are clearing, weather still out there, but now the boss is having a fund raiser for a worthy cause that very afternoon, and there is no way I can get over there and back in time...

Bummer, I was hoping to see you again. It has been a couple of years since we dove together in Florida.

Mark Vlahos

ShakaZulu:
This guy is coming too, OMG.......we better warn Catalina.

PS. Bring your own woman, oh and one extra for me.......haha.

Shaka my Romeo, Don Juan, "Avatar making the rest of us drool" beer drinking compadre, Im standing on your right shoulder talking to the women that you nudge aside.

The women of Santa Catalina need to be warned,

Through a combination of black magic, luck, and mild persuasion…

Confirmed... arriving Friday night -- leaving Sunday morning... hauling Nitrox tank to ScubaLuv during SI.

Mark Vlahos:
And there is at least one genuine cavern on the island, I can't remember the name of the site but I dove it a couple of years ago. And while it is not at all within reach of the underwater park, it does exist.

You may be referring to Blue Cavern up near Two Harbors.

Kevfin:
Through a combination of black magic, luck, and mild persuasion…

Confirmed... arriving Friday night -- leaving Sunday morning... hauling Nitrox tank to ScubaLuv during SI.

Whoooo Hooo! My night diving Guru is coming! Kevin, I PROMISE that I will stay with the group if you let me dive with you again. Further, my little red wagon that is holding Claudette's doubles might have room for your nitrox tank (more shameless sucking up).

My little tail is wagging,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom