Wrinkles December '04 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Leo Carrillo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... I'll give Tina back her book the next time I see you all!

Thanks again for doing the BBQ thing. You guys are increadible with your chow line!

I think I should invest in one of those portable propane BBQs. Barbeques Galore has a really nice stainless one that would make for easy clean up and we could use it whenever we go to a place that has 2 feet between the coals and the grill, like we had at Leo. :11:

That portable hibachi worked well although there was nothing left of it by the time we left. I guess it was made for single use.

Great pics. I think they showed off the day nicely.

I look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Christian

I just wanted to rub it in 1 more time to those of you who didn't go. I had a great time in BEAUTIFUL weather. I got 3 dives in and had fun with all the people who showed up.
We feasted from the ocean too, had scallops on the half shell on saturday and urchins and sand bass on sunday. I had fun diving with my good buddy Desert Camel and HBDivegirl. I can't wait till the next time I can get back in the water with you guys.

Thomas

sb_diver:
I just wanted to rub it in 1 more time to those of you who didn't go. I had a great time in BEAUTIFUL weather. I got 3 dives in and had fun with all the people who showed up.
We feasted from the ocean too, had scallops on the half shell on saturday and urchins and sand bass on sunday. I had fun diving with my good buddy Desert Camel and HBDivegirl. I can't wait till the next time I can get back in the water with you guys.

Thomas

Hey Thomas
You might have had a good time, but... 3 dives in 48 hours is nothing to brag about, I might even be a little ashamed at it. Now if you had 7 dives, that might have been worth mentioning. (sorry - couldn't help poking a little fun, a little birdie told me you guys had to be forced to dive)

scottfiji:
Hey Thomas
You might have had a good time, but... 3 dives in 48 hours is nothing to brag about, I might even be a little ashamed at it. Now if you had 7 dives, that might have been worth mentioning. (sorry - couldn't help poking a little fun, a little birdie told me you guys had to be forced to dive)
Guess it is not safe to go diving with a hangover, or won't feel good with a over-filled stomach, right? So reducing the number of dives may be a wise choice :eyebrow: (sorry - couldn't keep the secret, coz that birdie forced me to :D )

Hey Scottfiji, When it comes to dives... quality beats quantity. We could have done more dives but the swell and tides weren't right. Plus I was too busy stuffing my face with HBdivegirl's DELICIOUS brownies.

sb_diver:
Hey Scottfiji, When it comes to dives... quality beats quantity. We could have done more dives but the swell and tides weren't right.
And sb_diver puts out some SERIOUS quality dive vibes...we squeezed an awful lot of fun out of marginal afternoon conditions! More would have been fun, but the campsite conversation was great and the dives we did WERE swell.
sb_diver:
Plus I was too busy stuffing my face with HBdivegirl's DELICIOUS brownies.
OMG...what a dilemma! If bringing a yummy dessert means I need to jump up-and-down with many vocalizations to encourage movement towards the water, I may have to plan on broccoli brownies with cauliflower icing. heeheehee....Thanks, glad you liked them!
Claudette :eyebrow:

This is all just outstanding! I don't know if ya'll remember me but a few weeks back I posted that my wife and I are moving to LA in the next year. We can't wait to attend a wrinkles dive!!!! So, I'll be in LA for a visit in January. More on that later. Until then, we have an offer for our place here so hopefully we will be in LA soon. Take care and I'm glad you all had so much fun.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom