Suggestion Wow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boogie... no one owes you a thing. Unfounded allegations are being made. A rogue mod? OK, we got some ugly ones, and some pretty ones too... but we all make the decisions. Take a deep breath and relax, the sky is not falling.

Pete -

It's a classic overreaction because we're not getting information.

Let me give you an example I give my professional clients - you're in Florida, remember the Challenger explosion?

It took NASA 4 hours to simply confirm that they had lost the shuttle. You can argue that NASA needed to talk to family members, or whatever... but the whole world knew that they had lost 7 people. In that time, we heard everything from sabotage to terrorism. And you know what? It took NASA two years to get their credibility back to the point where Congress allowed them to fly again. It was an overreaction... built on the fact that when NASA wouldn't communicate, people had to communicate amongst themselves.

So, when Columbia was lost, NASA was on air in 10 minutes. They didn't have all the answers, but they provided what they could. And you know what? Less than one year later, we're talking about a permanent lunar base and a MARS mission.

Communication works, Pete. I suggest its time to start communicating.

I just did... but I we are not going to discuss why we banned people other than with those people. That's simply not right or ethical.

Now that the board is taking in advertisement revenue....
Does the advertiser know that potential consumers are being removed and the board is pi$$ing off other potential consumers........

Freedom of speech is only free, if the powers that be let it.

BTW. I hardly ever venture off the OFWF page, Just so I don't pee off the people in the land of the "Free"

NetDoc:
I just did... but I we are not going to discuss why we banned people other than with those people. That's simply not right or ethical.
That wasn't communicating. Communicating is the two way flow of information.

The only communicating I've seen is two seperate threads being yanked, and then when we asked why, we were told "We're not going to tell you."

Pete - Believe it or not, I'm not trying to be a prick here. But that's not communication. That's issuing an edict.

At no point have you or anyone else said "Here, we understand you're upset. Let me give you a little background as to what is going on." We don't want gory details - we just want some information. And so far, we're not even being told whether or not we'll ever get any.

Pete, just so you know, I also just heard from RavenC - she did not receive any notification whatsoever that she was banned.

If the moderators have a problem with members of this board it is right of the moderators to keep the issues between them and the "offending" member. We are NOT the jury. If someone gets fired from the plant I work for, the reason(s) is(are) kept between the employee and the management for reasons of not embarrassing the employee any further unless the incident itself is very public. Yes, we still get the rumors. We will always get them.

This is NOT like the shuttle explosion. And, Boogie, when you mentioned that, you reminded me why I don't watch the news on a major incident until "the smoke has cleared." Why? The preliminary information is often WRONG! I want to hear facts when given information. Rumors and innuendo are a waste of my time.

This is closer to a discipline problem. When I was a petty officer, I was taught to chew someone out in private and praise in public unless I was not given a choice.

Judging by how fast the first thread was pulled today (and I have heard of several others that have gotten pulled in the last several months just as fast), it is very possible that we have not seen or will not see the offending posts. In my mind that is just as well. If we have personal issues with NetDoc or any of the moderators at this point, I feel that it is far more polite and responsible to take it to them in a PM and get everybody away from the pillory. We have dive trips and get-togethers to discuss that are far more entertaining to think about. :D

I've had enough... if I'm around in the morning, I'll check in then. If I'm not allowed here anymore, I believe it was Shakespeare....

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom