Suggestion Wow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ontario Diver:
I know that there is a process for banning people, but have never asked or learned what it is. Perhaps one of the moderators could enlighten us? Perhaps knowing the details would remove the mystery and make it seem less of an arbitrary function...

I think this would be very constructive and could easily be done without divulging any private information.

See new thread/ area in "suggestions and feedback." The post of interest is "bannings," about how to go about this stuff.

You guys are very close to being a 6th grade class of crybabies. This place is a privately owned internet bulliten board owned by someone to allow you to communicate with those of similar interests. You have no "rights" here nor any say unless its within guidelines of the board owners and moderators. Stop crying. You can't PM a banned individual but you don't have an email address? You know this person how well? Me thinks that soon the headshrinkers will have another category of treatment called 'Internet World Dillusional Family Syndrome" to treat. Get off the keyboard and get a life. This place by no means should mean life and death to ANYONE. Some of you sound pretty pathetic. From what I read this cj and flock were working an online dating service via this boards assets. The ownership and management slapped their cyber hands and unless you are privvy to the act they are gone. Don't let the door hit them in the seat cushion on the way out. Its all a revolving door and honestly...if you really care you would know the particulars and would be looking from the outside in. I don't agree with 99% of the people I deal with but guess what...you have one choice. Deal with it or leave. I haven't been around here long enough to really get to know anyone so this post is pretty much benign to "cyber friends". If this po's you then you have serious issues. If you agree or laugh...your normal.

Have a nice day!

DFC5343:
This place is a privately owned internet bulliten board owned by someone to allow you to communicate with those of similar interests.

Well that may have been true until advertising dollars began to roll in.

Laser:
Well that may have been true until advertising dollars began to roll in.

Careful, I posted that and it was pulled and threatened by Uncle Pug to ban me. This is the same moderator who said:

"Like an ice cube in a hot tub... you won't last here in your present form. Not a prediction but a promise."

But didn't even say who he was saying it to.

chrpai:
Careful, I posted that and it was pulled and threatened by Uncle Pug to ban me. This is the same moderator who said:

"Like an ice cube in a hot tub... you won't last here in your present form. Not a prediction but a promise."

But didn't even say who he was saying it to.

I read that threat a couple of days ago.........I think it was directed to Lawman

DFC5343:
You guys are very close to being a 6th grade class of crybabies. This place is a privately owned internet bulliten board owned by someone to allow you to communicate with those of similar interests. You have no "rights" here nor any say unless its within guidelines of the board owners and moderators. Stop crying.
As I said in a different thread, I'd just like to know what the ground rules are so I can decide if I'd like to hang out here or not. If I don't don't like the rules I'll leave but I think it's completely reasonable to ask for the rules up front. Sure there is the TOS but it's quite vague. I hardly think asking for clarification of them (which is what all these requests for information regarding the banishments really are) constitutes crying or whining.

cornfed:
As I said in a different thread, I'd just like to know what the ground rules are so I can decide if I'd like to hang out here or not. If I don't don't like the rules I'll leave but I think it's completely reasonable to ask for the rules up front. Sure there is the TOS but it's quite vague. I hardly think asking for clarification of them (which is what all these requests for information regarding the banishments really are) constitutes crying or whining.

Notice I said some not all. I am a FNG here and I have been watching. Its all political but privacy is paramount. Becareful what you write and make your PM's the same. It all can be read.

Just a clarification to the last post. Member's PM's are not accessable by the Moderators. The only way we know what you write in a PM is if we are sent a copy.

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom