Suggestion Wow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
divedude:
Some one even pulled the "Tech Admin" post

I pulled my own post after seeing that NetDoc had already posted the same message with some different words (I posted before reading all 8 pages).

One other note, I think it should be recognized that this thread is still very much open and provided that things remain orderly it will remain so until it dies off. I will try and keep a close eye on it to prune out anything that may cross the line so it doesn't get shut down and you are all able to discuss whatever it is you think. I know we have users from all different backgrounds here, some users mod/run other boards, others use another board, regardless of your background your thoughts are still encouraged if not requested because of your unique points of view.

Evidently yesterdays thread (that was pulled) (and the one before) must have somehow crossed the line??

No they didn't. They were was pulled by a rouge admin for no TOS reason.

Of course it's not my board and I have no say, nor do I really care. I just wanted to point out that these "beliefs that we hold so dear" is a load of crap, brought out when it is in their favour.

Regards, Mr Tech Admin, Support and Advertising person.

just keeping it honest.

Whelp...I'll have to say that I do respect that the Mods are starting to communicate with us about this somewhat.

I do want to go on record to say I have a real hard time believing that Cobaltbabe and the others were so over the top that they would need to be banned for life. They all have a decent track records and are not known for causing trouble.

In saying that...something must have went down... no one seems to be saying they just woke up one day to find themselves mysteriously banned. There was a tif...such is life...heh?

Banned???? I think a suspension of some sort provided all involved can work things out would be more realistic.

We are the world...(singing)

got whacked by association.

netdoc:
we are not going to discuss why we banned people other than with those people. That's simply not right or ethical

I understand that this is a private bulletin board and we are allowed to post here simply at your will. I also appreciate your desire to maintain privacy. The irony is that while this may be a private board it is our community and I feel that having a member removed from our community is a very public matter. A well respected and long standing member of our community has been ostracized while admitted trolls and other belligerent individuals are allowed to say while we are told that it doesn’t concern us. We deserve more of an explanation from a customer service stand point, if nothing else.

I know that there is a process for banning people, but have never asked or learned what it is. Perhaps one of the moderators could enlighten us? Perhaps knowing the details would remove the mystery and make it seem less of an arbitrary function...

Ontario Diver:
I know that there is a process for banning people, but have never asked or learned what it is. Perhaps one of the moderators could enlighten us? Perhaps knowing the details would remove the mystery and make it seem less of an arbitrary function...

Well, I recall when Netdoc masqueraded as someone else an a chat board not affiliated with SB in any way and used material from there to ban someone. Someone who he happened to be in a heated thread with.

Can anyone email me Cobaltbabe's email addy??? Canuckdiver has been missing for 12 days now and I know she knows him....help!! -send a PM to me so it's not posted here for everyone else to see!! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom