Votes: 14 12.8%
  • poler cap

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • if it was colder

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a cold water diver I just have to wear it though, so when I get the chance to dive in water warmer than 60, the hood comes off, and with it a sigh of relief. Although that medical condition sounds eery...

:mean:

Lisa

I don't wear a hood is in the pool.

When you dive the "Lake" ( lake Mich.) you will always want one on. Summer temps can be at 42F on the bottom. There are times when I haven't wore one but I wish I did have it on. My fav diving is warm water without the hood:)

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

66 degrees? That's California summer time water temp ... heck no ... been wearing a hood all year, finally get a break! Hoods are for wimps!

J/K of course, major heat loss is through the head, let's face it even in the tropics where temps are almost year round in the 80's that's still 9 to 18 degrees colder than normal body temperature ... so loss will occur. After saftey and function scuba is primarily about comfort so I say do what ever each diver must to be comfortable and want to dive another day ... keep diving!

and a hood really seems to help me stay somewhat above the shivering zone. LOL I think that if I didn't wear a hood I wouldn't be able to enjoy diving; all I'd think about is warm coffee, hot chocolate, a nice roaring fire.....LOL

I hate hoods...the constriction. YUCK. I would rather freeze my butt off then don a hoodie! But then again i prefer the tropics :) spoiled little diver that i am! :eek:ut:

Our local dive spot is consistently 64° year round since it's spring. The few times I have tried a hood, I didn't like it. My head doesn't feel cold at all in those temps.
Maybe with a nicer, more comfortable hood I would feel differently.

With that in mind what hoods do all of you feel is the "best" or your present favorite?

I love my hood with my viking dry suit on, i am in Louisville and temps are about 56-66 in the summer and i wouldn't dive without it

hmm.. somehow it is hard for me to picture anybody putting hood over the viking suit ?

do you have holes for the horns or something ?
how does it work ?

how big is your sword.. err.. knife ?

:D

Back
Top Bottom