Votes: 14 12.8%
  • poler cap

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • if it was colder

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked one of these up recently after seeing another diver wearing one. I haven't tried it yet, but he seemed pretty happy with it. And you can wear it after the dive as well to keep the sun off.

Marc

squidcap.jpg

At 60 degrees plus, I only wear a hood if I plan to go below the thermal. Most of the time though, wearing a hood is very nessesary, as the picture in my profile will clearly illustrate.

MMMmmmm Don't I look good, and cool too. :eek:

Either you are cold or you are not. Wear what you need to keep warm. 40% of heat loss is through the head.

ABQdiver once bubbled...
The few times I have tried a hood, I didn't like it .....Maybe with a nicer, more comfortable hood I would feel differently.

http://www.deepseeinc.com/wetsuitshotheadhood.htm

You can put it on either before or after putting on the wetsuit, mask can go inside or outside. Covers just the head and ears. Good even for claustrophobics :)

Exceeded in dorkiness only by the squid lid.

I know that you loose a lot of heat through your head, But I hate wearing a hood, I will don gloves a long time before I start wearing a hood........ By the way 66 Degrees is fairly warm around here for diving.

A Bald spot on top of one's "crown" head in cold water does not go for me. No matter how much hair i believe one has, when diving in 60 de f water temp is pretty damn cold .

I do believe in wearing a hood no matter what water temp that i have been diving in. Several good reasons i think are protection from debree and silt and helps to keep the cold off of the back side of the neck. Also a hood helps to keep sunburn off the top of one's head.

I know alot of divers that tell me that they can't stand to wear a hood period! For myself i quess i can put up with the extra hasle..lol

safe diving now:

Sam:)

but I have been known to wear a hood if it is colder than 65 and on multiple dives in colder water <70. Personally I hate wearing one, it feels to restrictive. My wife wears one if its below 90:D or so it seems to me.:mean:

Jim

I wear a hood for most of my diving, but if the water at depth is 66, I'll go without. But not a degree colder.

In a perfect world, I'd never have to wear a hood again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom