Would you use Air Integration without a SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apologies. I tried searching for similar threads but didn’t find any.
If you went under the computers subforum and just looked you would have seen oodles.

You're overlooking the search function.
Apologies. I believe I’ve seen some before related to the subject and did try searching also. I also thought that maybe with time an opinion might change iwith someone having more trust in their air integration.

Apologies. I believe I’ve seen some before related to the subject and did try searching also. I also thought that maybe with time an opinion might change iwith someone having more trust in their air integration.
We have had 4-5 big threads on this recently.

The long and short of it: if you want good reliability, use Shearwater computers and the associated transmitters. They have been proven reliable. Shearwater computers are not just for tech divers. The Perdix AI has a big colorful screen, simple interface (especially recreational nitrox mode), and takes a AA battery you can find pretty much anywhere.

And they cost $1600 new with transmitter... I'm not sure how long my wife would berate and admonish me if I were to buy one in the near future. Especially after buying a new semi dry this weekend... Oceanic PP2 is staying on my rig for the foreseeable future

And they cost $1600 new with transmitter... I'm not sure how long my wife would berate and admonish me if I were to buy one in the near future. Especially after buying a new semi dry this weekend... Oceanic PP2 is staying on my rig for the foreseeable future
Nice thing about being single is that as long as my bills are paid and I’m putting $$ in savings, I can spend whatever I like on dive gear. Don’t have to ask permission. What does the wife spend a lot on?

Used you can get computer/transmitter sub $1000. Still a lot but they are very helpful customer service and repair wise.

There are pretty sweet deals comes up often at sale section of the forum. You will probably able to put together close to half price of brand new.

Shearwater has released a new Perdix AI model. Bet people will be selling off their original model Perdix AI to get the new model.

Nice thing about being single is that as long as my bills are paid and I’m putting $$ in savings, I can spend whatever I like on dive gear. Don’t have to ask permission. What does the wife spend a lot on?
The problem is we both make almost the same. She's salary with bonuses, I'm hourly with OT... I pay all the bills out of both our accounts. She's buys girl stuff, I buy tools and toys. I've been looking for a used one since sheatwater dropped the new perdix 2 but 1k is still way over my throw away money fund lol. I'm thinking if I can get her to dive again after blowing out her ear drum last month I may have a shot at new gear next year. Until then it's the console.

Not a huge upgrade so I don’t see many dropping their current model for the new one unless they simply must have the latest model. I already have a metal cover for mine and the buttons are under a silicone cover and I don’t use alarms so I have no reason to purchase the new model.

• Perdix 2 Ti $1370
  • Perdix 2 Ti Black $1420
  • Swift AI Transmitter $510
DEAC9978-FD2C-46AD-BCD4-ABCDD2D638FA.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom