Would Be Diver Goes To Jail.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Ernst

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
You Gotta Laugh at this.

A guy comes into our store and signs up for an Open Water class.

A couple Days latter he comes back in to do some shopping with his kids and the baby in a stroller, He shops around for a while and then leaves.

A short time latter the store owner is walking by the Reg Dept and notices some stuff is gone, He goes and reviews the video tape from the surveillance cameras and shocked at what he sees.

The store owner calls the student and tells him he didn't pay for his class and could he come down to the store, The student returns and is shocked to see himself on the big screen TV in the showroom in front of everyone watching and seeing him stealing all of this gear.:shakehead:

The owner tells the student to return home get all of the stolen gear and return it promptly, The student goes and returns with all of the gear and guess who is waiting for him........

This would be student is now a long term resident at the Cross-Bar Hotel!!!:rofl3::rofl3:

Pretty Sad, But damn funny that he got caught.:D

Oh man, I love it when justice is served!

I agree Peter....

I had to think about it for a bit before posting the story, But I found this to funny to not tell the story.

You know the owner that I am talking about and how nice of a great guy he is, I just cant imagine someone ripping him off like that!!

aussie true story

last month, my lds had some very very expensive spearos guns stolen one day

owner checks out the ctv footage and then posts it on our local spearos & diving forums looking for info

thief is identified by one of the divers and thief recieves a phone call from lds owner explaining they have footage and you have been identified

thief's attitude is 'what are you going to do about it-the cops wont even bother' (sadly, which is true)

lds owner tells him that he knows enough about the thief that thursday afternoon is football training and the lds club will be at the football ground handing out flyers and cd copies of the disc and they will be returning on saturday for the game to do the same

thief suddenly changes his attitude, (he is a christian he claims as part of the reason why flyer-squad shouldnt do what they plan to) he attends lds the next day and pays in full for the stolen items :D

i know this is true because i have spoken to all involved, except for the thief that is....

its nice to hear the good guys win for once!

Not to say crime is smart or profitable. But, if you were going to steal, why do it from someplace that has your information and can identify you? What are you going to do, show up for your dives with the equipment that the shop knows was stolen?

I got OW certified in NYC when I was 15, back in 1975, at the YMCA. The instructor was a NYC police officer, a member of the NYPD scuba team, and a great guy. After our last check-out dive off the coast of Queens, one of the class members stole a weight belt. A weight belt! He stole a weight belt from a cop! The instructor refused to certify anybody in the class until the culprit returned the weight belt, which never happened, and I ended up doing my first 15 years of diving without an official certification.

aussie true story

last month, my lds had some very very expensive spearos guns stolen one day

owner checks out the ctv footage and then posts it on our local spearos & diving forums looking for info

thief is identified by one of the divers and thief recieves a phone call from lds owner explaining they have footage and you have been identified

thief's attitude is 'what are you going to do about it-the cops wont even bother' (sadly, which is true)

lds owner tells him that he knows enough about the thief that thursday afternoon is football training and the lds club will be at the football ground handing out flyers and cd copies of the disc and they will be returning on saturday for the game to do the same

thief suddenly changes his attitude, (he is a christian he claims as part of the reason why flyer-squad shouldnt do what they plan to) he attends lds the next day and pays in full for the stolen items :D

i know this is true because i have spoken to all involved, except for the thief that is....

its nice to hear the good guys win for once!

:rofl3::rofl3: Thats great !!!! Kudos to the LDS owner, It is about time some of these hard working people got the upper hand on these thieving scum-bags.

Thanks for posting that Almitywife

Jim,

So does this happen to your students alot?

I knew you hung around with a rough crowd but when you said you did training at Folsom I always thought you meant the lake :)

(Crotch Rocket eh? Figured you for a Hog guy)

Get this.... it's along the same lines. Yesterday I was working at our local courthouse and a gentlemen comes in wearing a shirt for a Deep Sea Diving company(I wont say which one). I ask him what he does and he advised he is a Deep Sea Diver working on oil rigs. He seems a little drunk but I look past that because I wanted to hear his stories about work. He also mentions he has has a 5 PM flight for another shift and its currently 200 PM. Well needless to say he proceeded to go outside the courthouse and urinate on the side of the building. Our local police department happen to walk out of the courthouse at the same time. He gets arrested for indecent exposure, disorderly intox, and resisting without violence. What do you think....too deep for too long or what. Last I checked he was still in jail today.

Jim,

So does this happen to your students alot?

I knew you hung around with a rough crowd but when you said you did training at Folsom I always thought you meant the lake :)

(Crotch Rocket eh? Figured you for a Hog guy)

Nope.... love them sport bikes, And I thought you would have caught on a lot sooner to the fact that all of my students wet-suits are orange and say Folsom inmate in them:rofl3:

Thanks a lot..... Ben.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom