Two Fish Divers Nusa Penida Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I booked a dive trip to Bali with Two Fish Divers in August. I began emailing them prior to that. I was to stay 3 nights in Amed, dive 3 nights, go to Nusa Penida, stay 5 nights, and dive 4 nights. I am Advanced Open Water certified with 30 dives at that time. Two Fish was to prove transport, hotels, and diving. The AMED beach resort is, where I stayed. Basic, but no drawers at all in the hotel, and the bathroom ceiling is not completely enclosed, so lots of mosquitos get in. I asked for mosquito coils the first night, but none arrived. The hotel restaurant has basically no service. I always had to get my menu and ask for the bill. I never got a copy of each meal bill (each were, signed to the room.) When I checked out, I never got a total bill or any bill. You got breakfast at the hotel. After each dive, you got a few cookies. The one day, at the beach there was a nice building with pillows to sit on and a bathroom. But we instead sat on dirty tree stumps and a dirty wall. My boat departure at 3 pm the final day was moved up an hour with an hours notice as supposedly the 5 pm boat was canceled and there was only a 4pm boat. So I had an hour to eat lunch, pack, and shower. We got to the boat at 3:40. There was only a 3:45 pm boat which I missed and a 5pm boat. So I sat on a wharf for 70 minutes and had to lug 2 heavy suitcases, my carryon and a backpack down a flight of stairs and along a long wharf. The Nusa Penida shop was awesome. But the shop owner and I had some disagreements. He didn't provide me with a hotel bill until 4 days later, and it was never itemized. He, said he would investigate the boat incident twice, and never did. He basically implied I made the whole thing up and said I called his dive shop's rubbish, which I never ever did. Then he ended up canceling my last day diving at 5:30pm without ever talking to me, providing a replacement company, or giving any reason at all. He still has not given a reason. I feel this was totally unprofessional and totally unjustified. I cannot recommend anyone booking an entire trip with this company, despite the great dive staff and superb dive masters. Words can't say how disappointed I am to come so far and miss my last day of diving. I guess I couldhave booked with another company, but at that point, the dive shop still had my mask. Also, the currents are tricky there, and I'm only really comfortable if I know the shop and dive master. Each of the three previous days had dives with tricky currents. If the dive shop owner had said I cursed at him, or was rude to his employees, or other Divers or had been engaged in unsafe diving, I would have no issue. As it is, I can only think he decided he didn't like me and thought that enough reason to ruin my last vacation day. I've never had any instance like this with any dive shop. I've dove in Mexico, Belize, Egypt, Thailand and now Bali. It's left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Shortly: communication problems.

I see you are making the rounds and posting this anywhere you can find.

On such a short trip (about a week), I would have focused on diving one area, not two. Also, with only 30 dives, at the time you were barely a novice scuba diver and had no business diving Nusa Penida. You should have stayed in Amed and enjoyed all the great dive sites there and just up the road in Tulamben.

Also, with only 30 dives, at the time you were barely a novice scuba diver and had no business diving Nusa Penida.

That's a highly misinformed statement. Makes me think if you've actually dived at Nusa Penida before, or had a bad experience there.

The scuba diving business there, hosts thousands and thousands of divers each year, a lot of them with less than 30 dives. And thank god, the overwhelming majority of them don't take these forum's words as gospel.

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad time. But why did you have two large suitcases and a carryon ? I get a full set of equipment, a couple of cameras and a few sundresses and all my toiletries into one medium sized dive bag. I am sure that one of the youngsters around would have helped if you had asked.

Anyway, better luck next time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom