Would Be Diver Goes To Jail.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A guy comes into our store and signs up for an Open Water class.

A couple Days latter he comes back in to do some shopping with his kids and the baby in a stroller, He shops around for a while and then leaves.

A short time latter the store owner is walking by the Reg Dept and notices some stuff is gone, He goes and reviews the video tape from the surveillance cameras and shocked at what he sees.

I'm not laughing. I think there should be elevated charges for involving his kids in the commission of a crime. They are perhaps bigger victims than the LDS owner.

A good lawyer will probably get him off though on grounds he and the LDS owner had reached a civil resolution of the matter.

he attends lds the next day and pays in full for the stolen items :D

Some asked why steal? Well, if all you're gonna do is make the thief pay for what they took, there's no almost no downside to trying!

I say they should've tested the spear guns he brought back!

Some asked why steal? Well, if all you're gonna do is make the thief pay for what they took, there's no almost no downside to trying!
I say they should've tested the spear guns he brought back!
well the mans name is dirt in the spearfishing community, and its a small community :wink:and the guy that spotted him, well lets just say he has a big mouth, nice guy but cant keep a secret to save his life!

seriously, the police would have dont little or no action - especially once paid for

I'm not laughing. I think there should be elevated charges for involving his kids in the commission of a crime. They are perhaps bigger victims than the LDS owner.

A good lawyer will probably get him off though on grounds he and the LDS owner had reached a civil resolution of the matter.

I agree with you on the matter of the kid"s

Though the LDS owner did not make any arrangements with him , Just told him to get the gear.

In the mean time the LDS owner did consult his attorney.

Again the LDS owner made NO agreements with the thief, And the Thief will face Felony charges of grand theft!

It shows you, there are criminals in all walks of life, even amongst us divers!!

It shows you, there are criminals in all walks of life, even amongst us divers!!

Ya....

So TRUE !!

Though his name will be well known among CA divers ...

And as of tomorrow also among the world divers of this board if I get permission from all involved.

Get this.... it's along the same lines. Yesterday I was working at our local courthouse and a gentlemen comes in wearing a shirt for a Deep Sea Diving company(I wont say which one). I ask him what he does and he advised he is a Deep Sea Diver working on oil rigs. He seems a little drunk but I look past that because I wanted to hear his stories about work. He also mentions he has has a 5 PM flight for another shift and its currently 200 PM. Well needless to say he proceeded to go outside the courthouse and urinate on the side of the building. Our local police department happen to walk out of the courthouse at the same time. He gets arrested for indecent exposure, disorderly intox, and resisting without violence. What do you think....too deep for too long or what. Last I checked he was still in jail today.

Man, that's a riot. PM me with his name, I gotta check this one out. BTW, I've got your ID ready.

I wonder would this guy show up at the beach for his open water dives with the stolen equipment just 2 weeks later if he wasn't caught?

You Know Ron....

He was dumb Enough to not see all of the many Cameras we have all over the store as you know....

So I would venture to say Yes.

Though his name will be well known among CA divers ...

And as of tomorrow also among the world divers of this board if I get permission from all involved.

Well, if he's arrested and/or if there is a civil case against him, it's all a matter of public record, so you don't necessarily need to get anyone's permission to post his name :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom