Women buddies are great!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If "aging" is simply "the process of growing mature or old" as Funk and Wagnalls defines it, we are "aging" throughout our lives.

Dr. Bill

You can make me grow old, but you can't make me grow UP. :D

Groundhog246 once bubbled...

When asked, I give my age as "old enough to know better, but young enough to still wonder what would happen if I did it anyway......."

The best divebuddy I´ve ever had was a beautiful, single, female marinebiologist. Not only was she nice to look at and fun to talk to. She also stopped to point out all sorts of veggies during the dive that i´d never noticed before.

Every1 (male) who was on that boat dive still remembers her and it was a few years ago...

I´m afraid this makes me seem kinda sad but these brushes with perfection are few and far between :(

Anyway before and after I´ve dived with mere :boom: "mortal" women as well and I prefer those to most of the male buddies I´ve dived with as well...

I've had a female buddy once. She was very new to diving, kept freaking out, and wasn't exactly clear on buddy skills.

The OW class I took 3 years ago to start out was filled with 19 year old macho guys and me, definitely not male or macho (or 19... LOL ...never knew 6 years made so much difference!) and I got pretty much ignored by everyone, including the instructor. I spent the entire class trying to keep up with my buddy and finally got into the (bad) habit of swimming a little behind him so I could always keep him in sight.

I dive primarily with my b/f now - we use gas at about the same rate and we have worked on our buddy skills so we are pretty comfortable.

I would enjoy diving with more people - we're both just starting to get to know more divers in Reno.

So far, good dive buddies have been the ones I can communicate with. Gender, at least for me, has not been a factor.

--Wendryn

Wendryn once bubbled...
me, definitely not male or macho (or 19... LOL ...never knew 6 years made so much difference......
So far, good dive buddies have been the ones I can communicate with. Gender, at least for me, has not been a factor.
--Wendryn
You mean males over 25 are less macho? :D

Gotta agree with you on the communications issue. I've had mostly good buddies and a couple of great ones. I've also had a couple of not so great and a couple or terrible ones. The biggest difference was always communication. Some (one in particular) were so intent on everything but me that I might as well have been diving solo. In fact if solo, I would have had much less to worry about (I'm not endorsing solo diving) as I not only had to worry about my buddy, I had to figure I was on my own if something occured. It was with one of the worst that I suffered vertigo (partly as a result of trying to divert him from swimming though an pair of OW students with their instructor) and nausea. I threw up through my reg and after I had myself under control switched to my octo. Meanwhile he never noticed and just kept on going.
On the flip side, I had the mouthpice come of my second stage last summer. I was diving iwth my wife and she noticed almost as quickly as I did. By the time I realized the lack of air was due to lack of a second stage, she was already in front of me with her octo in her hand.

Groundhog246 once bubbled...

I agree.....but back to the subject. I have to say that the best dive-buddy I've had to date is this 30 something :wink: cute blonde who just happens to be my wife. I would much rather dive with her than a few of the guys I've dove with.

Well I cant wait to get certified this December! Ive been waiting forever it seems lol. I have finally found a good class, in Nort Louisiana. Soon I will be lookng for a partner to go diving with. I dont care who you are, female, male, old, young....just someone to who would be willing to dive with a Newbi lol. So if a 19 year newbi southern girl doesnt bother you, than email me and lets dive! If yall know of anyone in the LA area who is looking for a partner, please let me know. It seems I am the only one in North La who loves the water and diving! Thanks a bunch!

*~*Kristen*~*:snorkel: :scuba:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom